Will Irealnd start 2moro?

I would leave bellers out, I love his work rate but I think tomorrow we'll see alot of the ball and the other options all have better football brains and can use the ball better. If I did play bellamy though it would have to be upfront as in games like this he would be redundant on the wing

TINY said:
------------------------GIVEN------------------------

ZABELETA--------TOURE--------LESCOTT-----BRIDGE-

-----------------------DE JONG----------------------

------------IRELAND------------BARRY---------------

------TEVEZ-----------------------------BELLAMY---

---------------------ADEBAYOR---------------------

for me Stevie will start and it will be Tinys side but more of a 4-4-1-1.......

..................Shay..................

Zab.......Kolo......Lescott...Bridge

Stevie...De Jong....Barry....Bellers

..................Tevez..................

....................Ade...................

If we want to win and be a successful team then Ireland has to play.

Simples.

TINY said:
------------------------GIVEN------------------------

ZABELETA--------TOURE--------LESCOTT-----BRIDGE-

----------------DE JONG--------BARRY--------------

-----------------------IRELAND-----------------

------TEVEZ-----------------------------BELLAMY---

---------------------ADEBAYOR---------------------

I think this will be better ... as it will allow us to get the best out of all the players ... esp Ireland, i think he really doesnt like playing CM but much much rather prefers the CAM role

M22_blu said:
I would leave bellers out, I love his work rate but I think tomorrow we'll see alot of the ball and the other options all have better football brains and can use the ball better. If I did play bellamy though it would have to be upfront as in games like this he would be redundant on the wing

not a chance.

felixbg said:
M22_blu said:

definately not

but to play bellamy out wide is the only way he could play as I wouldnt drop adebayor or tevez for him. Sorry I love bellers but petrov is a better more effective option on the left SWP is the same on the right, playing more narrow with Ireland and barry sharing the graft of covering the left would make us more a threat coming forward. Fair enough if were playing a top team who will make us work for the ball he'll offer us work rate and good cover down the wing but birmingham will concede alot of the ball to us and we need are more creative players to exploit this.

de niro said:
i really like mark hughes, i really rate him too, if he has the courage to "go for it" with the likes of stevie them he'll go up in my estimation.

i do understand though that like it or not he is under immense pressure to get results, he has to do that in any way he seems fit, we may not like it but thats the way it is. its our own fault, we put (and always have) city managers under ridiculous pressure every season, now with the money our owners have given the manager that pressure is ten fold.
having said that it is too much to ask to see our most gifted (robbie apart)take to the field from the off?i dont think it is.

I get what you're saying.

MH is responsible for results and maybe tactically he is trying to minmise any backlash by being cautious and making us difficult to beat. We fans have no resposibility. If a coach does A and it goes wrong we say he should have done B; if he does B, we say he should have done A.

However, like you, I'd like our flair players to be used and in their most effective positions. IMHO, we need to be terrorising opposition, at home especially. We've seen how the likes of Arsenal, Chelsea and United down the years have had almost had a psychological lead because they've pummelled teams at regular intervals.

I don't understand this false choice between playing "solid defensive football" e.g. away games, and playing superman. The choice really comes down to SWP or Stevie, and for my money that's a no brainer either way.

SWP is much riskier. Yes he has flashes of individual brilliance, but he gives the ball away more than anyone else on the team, either with bad passes or flashy runs that go wrong. He is not as good defensively and doesn't open up sides. I just don't think he came back from Chelsea with as much confidence as he once had as the big fish at Maine Road.

So please let's stop thinking of Stevie as good for offense but a bit frail when we need solidity. That's just wrong!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.