Will Jim'll fix it break FFP ?

I’m a long, long way off being a FFP expert. And I’ve no particular desire to be. But I’m pretty sure that investment in the ground, or building a new ground falls outside of all restrictions on spending.
If that's the case then fair enough so does that mean our £300 million new stand is being paid for by the owner ?
Proper question.
Thanks for taking time to answer as I had no idea.

If that's the case then fair enough so does that mean our £300 million new stand is being paid for by the owner ?
Proper question.
Thanks for taking time to answer as I had no idea.
It's not the putting mohey in that's the issue. Our owner has put in round £1.5bn and no one's been bothered about that have they? ;-)

If he puts money in, they can spend it on infrastructure without my issues. Sheikh Mansour funded the South Stand 3rd tier and the CFA. That's classed as capital spending, and goes on the balance sheet. The issue is revenue.

He could get Ineos to sponsor them, which then becomes income in the Profit & Loss account, but if he did that for £250m he presumably wouldn't get that past the PL's accountants. If he did a shirt sponsorship for, say £60m though, that's going to be OK. You earn income from TV money, ticket sales and commercial income, and that's what you can spend.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.