Will Leeds United ever be a top club again?

Blue Streak said:
MancunianCitizen said:
marco said:
id like to see them back and they would pull 45k plus at home, there not the only club from the 70s with bad fans in fact city were just as bad, if i recall we were in the top five worst places to visit around 1978, many away fans gave Maine road a wide berth especially the night games

They would fill every away end as well, On City fans in the 70s though I wasn't alive my dad and his friends told some horror stories about how City fans would treat opposition fans in and around Maine Road.

Not quite the same really. Yes Maine Road was a terrifying ground to go to for some (especially if you were looking for trouble) but I don't recall stories of Kids and Fathers being attacked in the same manner as what happened to City fans at Elland Road. As for Leeds pulling in 45k plus for home games? I don't think they ever had sort of average attendance even during the peak years under Revie.

leeds averaged 40k from 2000/ 2004 'four seasons' and just under 40k under Revie 'and we all know how bent attendances were then' they would have no trouble filling a 50k stadium if they hit the big time again, capacity depending

marco said:
Blue Streak said:
MancunianCitizen said:
They would fill every away end as well, On City fans in the 70s though I wasn't alive my dad and his friends told some horror stories about how City fans would treat opposition fans in and around Maine Road.

Not quite the same really. Yes Maine Road was a terrifying ground to go to for some (especially if you were looking for trouble) but I don't recall stories of Kids and Fathers being attacked in the same manner as what happened to City fans at Elland Road. As for Leeds pulling in 45k plus for home games? I don't think they ever had sort of average attendance even during the peak years under Revie.

leeds averaged 40k from 2000/ 2004 'four seasons' and just under 40k under Revie 'and we all know how bent attendances were then' they would have no trouble filling a 50k stadium if they hit the big time again, capacity depending
38,628 for those 4 seasons so you were close.
Their highest average was 39,752 in 2001-02.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.