Pep's contract situation

The end of the season is a good time to call it.

Simeone will be available if we decide to move to a manager with both feet on the ground, no philosophy and a winning mentality.

The comparison with Conte is valid.

If Pep gets it right it'll be great. If he doesn't, no problem, we get 'Project Barcelona' out of our system and move on.

Anyone who thinks the current first team situation is acceptable is wrong.

Anyone who thinks the future is bright just because we've got Pep is wrong.

Come on Pep. Come on City.
Anyone who thinks we will simply bin Pep off after one season is wrong

Or unlike us the top teams wouldn't leave it so late to sort such an important position. Dislike Hart by all means but not on the teams that come in for him.

We didn't leave it late, it would have been known through interest that Hart wasn't going to be number 1 choice, even the press knew that he was going to be Peps first casualty before Pep had even walked through the door, so you're telling me that no other club director around Europe had a clue about what was going on?

Clubs like Villarreal, Inter, AC Milan, Roma ect... would have jumped at the opportunity, but instead Hart opted for Torino? Is that how it worked?

Nail on head
But it kinds of helps to convince if you look at what he has done.

It was quite obvious last season that the team was struggling. We were absolutely taken to the cleaners in quite a few games. We spent the Summer chasing central defenders and ended up with Stones which so far has been an unmitigated disaster. But he is very very young, and everyone can see there is a good footballer there. Missing out on Laporte and seeing Kompany struggle with injury is possibly the difference between City challenging for the title and struggling for 4th

Fucking great news if true...

images

We didn't leave it late, it would have been known through interest that Hart wasn't going to be number 1 choice, even the press knew that he was going to be Peps first casualty before Pep had even walked through the door, so you're telling me that no other club director around Europe had a clue about what was going on?

Clubs like Villarreal, Inter, AC Milan, Roma ect... would have jumped at the opportunity, but instead Hart opted for Torino? Is that how it worked?
But what has loan of Hart got to do with City getting heavily beat? Total red herring. He was not to blame for any of the goals at Everton whilst some very poor defensive play by players in front of him is ignored. Easy target for non City fans to bash City and Guardiola. I don't see why City fans should join in. I liked hart. Doesn't feel like City without him, but it annoys me to see fans criticising bravo continually.

professionalism?

Maybe, but if he knew that the board wouldn't sack him regardless of performances and that he didn't have an alternative way of turning things around (he's very much my way or noway, with his tactics) in say a year or 2 time, then if he felt walking away was the only thing saving the club going further back and then admitted to not being able to adapt to the English game, I would see that better than seeing him stay for the remainder of his contract and watching him struggle!

I still very much believe he will sort this out, I'm not saying I want him gone as that would be stupid after only 7 months, but I honestly think if he got to the point where he knew himself he couldn't make this work, then he would walk out the job.

We signed Bravo on the 25th August. Whilst I appreciate it was on the cards I doubt we would of let Hart go without this being signed and sealed. That then left teams with a few days to sign him. the top teams would of all had their goalkeeper situations resolved before this point.

Put it this way I would be very confident saying he will sign for a significantly better team this summer. Do you not think?

But what has loan of Hart got to do with City getting heavily beat? Total red herring. He was not to blame for any of the goals at Everton whilst some very poor defensive play by players in front of him is ignored. Easy target for non City fans to bash City and Guardiola. I don't see why City fans should join in. I liked hart. Doesn't feel like City without him, but it annoys me to see fans criticising bravo continually.

Second worse shots to goals ratio in the league. Let me guess every one was a worldie he had no chance with? Pointless wearing gloves, he doesn't use them unless it's to pick it out the net.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.