Will Tevez be our main man?

danburge82 said:
remoh said:
paul.manc said:
Depends on his form really.
Keep hearing, he is not fit yet, but how long is it really gonna take?

Think he will be really vital, he has the ability to grab a game by the scruff of the neck and score goals from nothing. I personally think he will be better than we have seen him, as he will have more service from the likes of Aguero and Nasri than he did last season.

And he didn't do too badly last season, did he? - or the season before.
Didn't score in open play from February to May, started getting fat, performances and effort started to dip. The guy is a **** and has something up his sleeve to fuck us up again, mark my words!

At least somebody in this thread has a touch of reality. He hasn't played for 5 months either you poor deluded fools.

dctid said:
itisrising said:
Since he is returning, would he automatically be out main striker with Aguero feeding off the scraps?
Do we go back to our old system?

No i would like to see him behind Aguero

His work rate would increase the tempo of the whole team

And the tempo of City fans :) .

danburge82 said:
remoh said:
paul.manc said:
Depends on his form really.
Keep hearing, he is not fit yet, but how long is it really gonna take?

Think he will be really vital, he has the ability to grab a game by the scruff of the neck and score goals from nothing. I personally think he will be better than we have seen him, as he will have more service from the likes of Aguero and Nasri than he did last season.

Didn't score in open play from February to May, started getting fat, performances and effort started to dip. The guy is a **** and has something up his sleeve to fuck us up again, mark my words!

If Mancini gives him a fair chance, you'll eat those words.<br /><br />-- Mon Mar 19, 2012 12:05 am --<br /><br />
Celebritykiller said:
Tevez is perfect for just behind the striker providing he's not in "win it on my own" mode.

All true.

I'm not sure if people are forgetting what Tevez is like because he's not played properly since last season, but you'd have to be mental to think he could do the same job Rooney does for the rags. For a start he'd have to actually pass the ball, as opposed to shooting from stupid angles after a period of about 20 seconds where he tries to single-handedly take on 4 or 5 defenders.

My main concern at the moment is that we are running headlong into a Tevez Circus and the main aim of beating a resurgent Chelsea is becoming a side issue.
We should be fully concentrated on the Chelsea game and the game alone, we must win and then move on to the next game. If winning means Tevez playing then ok, let the little fucker play, but lets not make it all about him, it is about ALL the guys on the pitch whoever they are.

remoh said:
20sbc07 said:
Depends which Tevez we get back...

If we get the lazy tevez that doesn't care and doesn't want to be there then no, he wont be our main man.

If we get the old Tevez who gave 100% every game, worked harder than any player on the pitch and was easily one of the best strikers in the world then yes, he'll be a huge player for us.

I think that he'll be playing to win the attention of his next employer, which means 100% effort to get the best deal for himself. Wouldn't you?

^^^ This but I do worry that if he gets a chance to derail the season (and more importantly Mancini) then he may just take it............

danburge82 said:
Didn't score in open play from February to May, started getting fat, performances and effort started to dip. The guy is a **** and has something up his sleeve to fuck us up again, mark my words![/quote]

I take it you didn't go to the last home game of the season against Stoke when I think he played a 1-2, beat a man in the box, then slammed it into the top corner. An absolute cracker. Free kick later in the game was a cracker too.
Yes the guy's been an absolute twat ,but get the history right.
If we win every match from now, we win the league. If he helps us do that, that'll do for me - and he can stay if he wants to - doubt he will though.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.