Will the country be a nicer place when this is over?

Has society improved after previous crises? I would argue it has, because we are where we are. This has brought everyone to the same level. It doesn't discriminate on race, colour, religion or wealth. Everyone has been affected.

It could be a reset button, financially, morally, ethically, ecologically for the globe.

We have a chance to decouple finance from well being for a good percentage of earths population. Forgive debt, invent a sustainable way to live and distribute wealth and look after each other.

What we must do first is survive, then the onus is on us and the people that govern us to ensure we do the recovery properly.

My fear is that previous crises are usually snowballed. There is enough financial devastation for some of the loons that are in power to justify recovery by any means necessary, that usually means war. My big fear in the aftermath is that we will see a global conflict.

Laura Doomsberg dont get me started !!! The right on BBC seem to think she is this brilliant journalist and presenter, when in reality she has this whiny snidey voice that is akin to nails down a blackboard. The questions she ask are usually designed to try and get a soundbyte out of the person she is interviewing and thats it, all her questions are designed to make her look good. Ever since the first covid briefing all she has basically asked is when are restrictions/lockdown ending, just so she can be the first to get that soundbyte out of someone in government before any other media get it first . She even put on the Fellatio red lipstick for Boris yesterday to try and distract him into giving her a date so to speak! If only she would ask some real questions of whoever is at the Lectern and be a proper journalist .

Maybe it's just the people I've encountered but every time I've gone out, I've felt the urge to throttle someone.

People driving like fucking idiots at dickhead speeds

People letting their dogs off the lead and letting them do whatever they want. Saw someone let his dogs off the lead to chase a deer the other day, and wouldn't be surprised if they killed it.

People standing right behind you in the queue for the supermarket

People coughing without covering their mouths

People having house parties with every fucker invited

Maybe I've just been unfortunate with the people I've come across but this crisis has reaffirmed to me that there's a lot of cunts in this world.

Ha this. I've grown an even stronger dislike for society as a result of this.

To answer the thread's question. I'll give it about a month before everyone is back to being twats again. People have *very* short memories these days.

For forty odd years society has been encouraging "me first", greed and selfishness. It would be nice to think that that paradigm is now dead, but I really don't think people can be de-programmed that easily.

In fact, in the last few years a lot of people have crawled out from under stones and said things that I thought had died out in about 1976. There is a very unpleasant underside to our country, and as a society we are massively divided. Frankly, the people who are really in charge like it that way. It makes us weak and easy to control. When this is over, and the economy turns to shit, the search for scapegoats will begin, and one thing you can bet on safely is that the people who are primarily responsible for the mess will not be the ones getting targeted.

Last edited:
No , self interest and greed will still be the mantra , key workers will soon be reminded that they are down the pecking order , immigrants will be vilified again regardless of what contributions they have made to society.

I suppose April 2021 will be the time we see how loved the NHS is, as this is when their next pay rise negotiations begin. No amount of banging on kitchen utensils in 2020 will pay for the shopping bill at Tescos .

When this is over the "kinder side of politics" will be at war with the "Other" side of politics without a pause for breath. Slebs pushing their wares, tax havens still in place and muggings and stabbings by the score.

We're divided not only by class but by constant soundbytes holding one section of society to higher regard than another section, we need a government that treats all of its citizens equally with nobody getting preferential treatment because of the way they play footsie in the bedroom the colour of their skin or whatever false god they bow down to, but that isn't going to happen because votes wont cast themselves.

In short it will be business as usual in no time at all.

Social distancing is making people harder to read or understand.
Last week I called in a DIY store and as I got out a mate stopped to ask how we are doing, he stayed in his car and I stood leaning on the back quarter of mine. A bloke came from the store and stood behind the car parked next to me glearing at me holding a garden fork, first I moved back to my car door thinking he wanted to pass, not a word said by him and he didn't pass, my second guess was he wanted to get in the passenger side of his car so I moved out of the isle thinking why don't he ask ( starting to think this fxxcker is frightened to breath).
He then walked up to my driver's door and opened it and was about to get in.
Dull fxxcker must have been pissed off thinking I was lounging all over his car.
He soon forgot about social distancing when I started laughing at him as the penny dropped. Wrong car mate.
It will be a free for all if we have to wear masks as well.

America has gone back to before 9/11 i think , that is my impression anyway,i think we will go back to before,sadly as I think this would be a good reset time for the human race

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.