Will this be our biggest away following since colour telly?

Not sang it for a while, but......

"Have you got a colour tele have you f***!"

blue b4 the moon said:
bellbuzzer said:
what about 1956 against brum, it was rammed

Colour Telly mate....

Gillingham game seems favorite (missed that one due to a holiday booked funnily enough the Monday after we lost at York) but with all the talk of extra tickets, Club Wembley and loads of us in the Wigan end.....
-
God - 1999 play-off final -don't remind me.Got a ticket for my bro.-in-law
went down early - a couple of scoops - seated on the curve above corner flag -(you know what I mean). When Taylor scored their second in the 82nd minute I said to Brother-in-law- lets go. I had the same feeling years later -May 13th 2012 -when QPR were 2-1 up.
Got in the car for quick getaway when a coach driver said Horlock had scored. Didn't want to scramble back in to the ground so drove on - as we were going out of car park - a few City fans were jumping on the car -
I had radio on -Dickov - you beauty .Listened to penalty shoot-out on radio.I have never left a game early again.

There were very few City fans in the Gillingham end. Hundreds, not thousands. I remember that when the Gillingham end emptied you could see a few City fans in there.

It would be pushing it to say City had 40,000 there. That in itself is more than half the attendance.

I think we'll beat that this time. There'll be the official allocation of 32,000 plus all the seats that City fans have bought from the FA allocation and Club Wembley. I can't see City having 50k, unless we get a further allocation as the cost of acquiring Club Wembley and FA seats could be much more expensive than buying the ordinary seats

ste93:20mcfc said:
anyone going without a ticket? or ever gone without a ticket to wembley?
yes and yes, i bought a ticket of a guy coming of a train for the 1999 game

For wembley 99 city got a bigger allocation than gillingham. Our section on one side went well over half way. From memory we got 39k and they got 35k. Whilst marvin is right that a few hundred city fans banded together in the gillingham end at the end, plenty walked round and into the city section to celebrate. With the corporate etc I'd say there were about 42000 city there. This one will be more.

Our allocation is bigger than the 33k that city are selling. Of the FA tickets about 8-10k will be city end tickets. There will be a few hundred keeping a low profile in the Wigan end but, like in the 2011 final. The lions share of the 18,000 club wembley will be city too.

I'd say there will be easily 50,000 city there which will make it the biggest city following, probably ever.

Didsbury Dave said:
For wembley 99 city got a bigger allocation than gillingham. Our section on one side went well over half way. From memory we got 39k and they got 35k. Whilst marvin is right that a few hundred city fans banded together in the gillingham end at the end, plenty walked round and into the city section to celebrate. With the corporate etc I'd say there were about 42000 city there. This one will be more.

Our allocation is bigger than the 33k that city are selling. Of the FA tickets about 8-10k will be city end tickets. There will be a few hundred keeping a low profile in the Wigan end but, like in the 2011 final. The lions share of the 18,000 club wembley will be city too.

I'd say there will be easily 50,000 city there which will make it the biggest city following, probably ever.
:-)

Dave Ewing's Back 'eader said:
blue b4 the moon said:
Or did we have more at Wembley for the rags CS game or maybe even York?

Nothing comes near York. It makes the 670 trillion billion million squillion world wide Rag fans look like a telephone box stuffing.

HahahahahahH
A

Didsbury Dave said:

virtually every spare ticket will end up in city fans hands, we have 5 from city, and 3 from fa's, i think we will exceed 60000, it is a cup final, city fans up and down the country will be on the case

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.