Will Vieira Start?

rastus said:
Will definatley start as De Niro said Barry at LB, imo Barry would be great there

Barry is Englands first choice centre midfield player - amongst the best in the world (England are a top 10 team) and you think iit would be a good idea to put him left back - assuming of course he dont tell Mancini to shove it where the sun dont shine just to accomodate a 33 year old player who has at best 18 months and is joining our club because he cant get first team at football which he needs to make the France squad.

Scary

He's more than likely going to play alongside Gareth Barry isn't he? SWP right. Robinho left. Adebayor and Tevez up front. Sounds pretty awesome to me. Just need a left back and centre back and we're pretty much sorted.

LCBblue said:
Will he? I think it depends totally on the formation Mancini picks, obviously. Can't see him starting in a 4-4-2.

But rotation is the best policy in these circumstances. Vieira will start some games, De Jong others and Barry others. Who will he come in for though?

De Jong has had a fantastic season so far and Barry has played extremely well since Mancini came. Mancini's tactics are very good, but can he please all these players? Vieira will be happy to play some games and sit out others, he has a good contract and his fitness levels aren't what they used to be so he will be happy.

Possible midfield for Blackburn in a 4-4-3 could be:

-----------De Jong------Vieira-------------

-------------------Barry------------------

Your thoughts on the topic? .......

I reckon if we play 4-4-3 in every game we'll win the treble... ;)

dctid said:
rastus said:
Will definatley start as De Niro said Barry at LB, imo Barry would be great there

Barry is Englands first choice centre midfield player - amongst the best in the world (England are a top 10 team) and you think iit would be a good idea to put him left back - assuming of course he dont tell Mancini to shove it where the sun dont shine just to accomodate a 33 year old player who has at best 18 months and is joining our club because he cant get first team at football which he needs to make the France squad.

Scary

As I said Barry at LB, open your mind.

dctid said:
rastus said:

Scary

exactly, seems an odd signing to me.So does nige miss out? He deserves to play IMO .

Probably, as far as I know our players who are definitely fit who can play CM are:

Nigel De Jong
Gareth Barry
Pablo Zabelta
Vincent Kompany

and Paddy

at least 2 of these fellas will be playing in the back four. If Barry or De Jong get injured we're screwed for midfielders with Ireland and Johnson on the treatment table.

(Edited for woeful spelling!)

hgblue said:
He's more than likely going to play alongside Gareth Barry isn't he? SWP right. Robinho left. Adebayor and Tevez up front. Sounds pretty awesome to me. Just need a left back and centre back and we're pretty much sorted.

I can see a midfield diamond type formation

Given

Richards Toure Kompany Bridge

Vierra

SWP Bellamy

Ireland

Tevez Ade

On The Bench

Lescott
Ned
Bridge
Sylviniho
Zab
DJ
Santa Cruz
Petrov
Weiss
Johnson
Robiniho

Personally i think we will see a new centre back and a new left back os Kompany and Bridge are likely to be benched also

de niro said:
dctid said:

Scary

exactly, seems an odd signing to me.So does nige miss out? He deserves to play IMO .

It's a loan deal, so IMO, he's here for cover. How many bookings has Nige the pit bull picked up? Is he close to a suspension? And don't forget Vinnie will now be a first choice centre half.
Viera can play against the lesser teams, like the rags ;-)

Has anyone thouhgt that he may be looking to drop Ireland? I know this seems crazy....but over the last few games I get the impression Barry has been allocated a "playmaker" type role, and has been getting forward alot more and a lot of the ball has been going through him....obviously with Vieira and DJ behind him he will be able to do this more? Just an observation...?

With Kompany in defense, Johnson injured and Micah and Zab as our only RB's at the club we're left with 3 proper midfelders (De jong, Ireland and Barry) for 3 slots (seeing how we'll likely be playing 4-3-3 quite a lot) and with SWP being more suited to the wideforward role than midfield Vieira gives us at the very least an added option. Just look at how depleted our squad has become this month. What if De Jong or Barry get injured or suspended?
Good sensible signing imo.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.