will we become arsenal

Personally, I think it will be a very sad day for the club and for football as a whole.

How can you argue with Platini when we cannot field an English player or two. Its very sad and considering our academy is one of the best in the world its even sadder. More needs to be done for the sake of English football as a whole. Look at the world cup, lol we couldn't even find an English manager.....

Vicky said:
Personally, I think it will be a very sad day for the club and for football as a whole.

How can you argue with Platini when we cannot field an English player or two. Its very sad and considering our academy is one of the best in the world its even sadder. More needs to be done for the sake of English football as a whole. Look at the world cup, lol we couldn't even find an English manager.....

No it isn't, nowhere near.

Kinky Dribbler said:
Not our fault English players aren't good enough.

Its every team in the Prem leagues fault that we don't give more UK based players the chance to develop properly. Instead of slotting a young player into a position, its seen as too big a risk and most clubs look to the first well priced, average at best foreign sounding players.

Why on earth do we need David Silva ?<br /><br />-- Sun Jul 04, 2010 2:54 pm --<br /><br />
Vicky said:

I completely and utterly agree.

I wish Fifa would bring in a world wide salary cap for clubs and a proper quota for how many over seas players can appear in match day squads.

tevezblue said:
Kinky Dribbler said:

Its every team in the Prem leagues fault that we don't give more UK based players the chance to develop properly. Instead of slotting a young player into a position, its seen as too big a risk and most clubs look to the first well priced, average at best foreign sounding players.

Why on earth do we need David Silva ?

-- Sun Jul 04, 2010 2:54 pm --

Because he is a better left winger than any left winger we have

tevezblue said:
Kinky Dribbler said:

-- Sun Jul 04, 2010 2:54 pm --

Vicky said:

I completely and utterly agree.

I wish Fifa would bring in a world wide salary cap for clubs and a proper quota for how many over seas players can appear in match day squads.

Are you serious? We just agreed a contract with Yaya Toure that has him on £220'000 a week, and now you want a salary cap?......

tevezblue said:
Kinky Dribbler said:

I hope that's not a serious question.

To the other point, we've got a very good academy, but we haven't produced the calibre of players that the very best ones in the world have. Can't say we haven't played them enough either.
Barcelona and Ajax are the prime examples of world class acadamies. Both Madrid clubs have top notch as well, Silva and Mata were from Real until they were released, they do have a strange habit of doing that, but putting clauses in for when they sign with others.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.