Will we ever ultimately slay the RAG Empire?

United will always be there or thereabouts, the introduction of the Premier League, Champion's League and the associated financial benefits has ensured that. Couple that with the "protect the establishment" policy that is FFP and United will always have money to spend that the majority of others do not. When Fergie retires there will be a period of slight turmoil, United haven't had to think about a change at the top since the 1980's, Fergies methodoligies are engrained in the club, from the bottom all the way to the top, whoever replaces him will have a hard time implimenting any changes he may wish.

Over the next 10 years I'd be astounded if the titles were not spread out between ourselves, United and Chelsea in the majority, potentially with Arsenal maybe getting one (we are talking as far in the future as 2023 here!).

I agree with above, I dont believe they will implode but theire dominance as has been over last 20 years will disappear for the better, not that we will be winning everything either. The noises I have heard coming out of the club is that we have over achieved and further forward than we should be. What we need is stability in terms of everything to do with the running of the club, now we have the two blokes in from Barca I expect our income to increase allowing compliance with FFPR and being able to compete for the best players, trophies are required to tempt the best, so not winning league and qualifying for CL essential as well as putting FA cup on the sideboard.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.