Will we hit the ground running next season?

The Man With The Stick said:
I read somethin a while back which suggested Pellegrinis teams can be a bit functional until his style of play clicks with the team.
Bit of patience needed maybe but sooner or later we're gonna see our lads play some crackin footy.
Depends on a good pre-season aswell though i guess?

Could that have been down to Villareal and Malaga being smaller clubs who weren't talent laden? We have one of the 2 most talented squds in the PL and we have a very winnable start to the season and should win first 4 and then the home derby. Most of our players have had a brake unlike last year so they should be fresher than last year. Will have a full offseason with the new recruits who are much more talented than last years. IMO it comes down to Pellegrini for me. Can he bring the team together. We have got rid of some of the players who had issues in the locker room so let's hope they gel better and let's see how he deals with the clubs we have had trouble with like Stoke who we play early. They may not be the same Stoke though with a new manager and surely some changes in the line-up. But how different can they be early in the season? And how he changes the tactics in those games where we dominate the ball, get a lot of chances but can't score which has been a real theme the last couple years.

I'll be disappointed if we don't get 10/12 points from the first 4 games that takes up to the Derby - so another 3 points there.

Seriously, I think Chelski will be a force next season, maybe Arsenal if they buy well,other than that I think top 5 will be the same as last year but in a different order

I really feel the players will enjoy playing for the new manager next season. He's notorious for his man management. Decent run of fixtures to start with. 10-12 points going into the derby. Bring it.

First of all I think we should disregard the holistic approach tag, as it certainly wasn't Manuel Pellegrini's phrase and it would be unfair to tie that one on him. It was a line in a club PR release.

Second we should remember Roberto Mancini needed time to settle in and learn the language and learn the club culture, so we must give the new guy similar respect and time.
So far he has been doing the job by telephone and seems to me to be on the right track; keeping Brian Kidd as an assistant is the right move with all Kiddo's experience in the EPL, and letting Carlos Tevez go while he still had some value in the market.
Hopefully Edin Dzeko will get more opportunities and better service in a 4 3 3 formation so he can regain the form he showed previously in Germany.
With Gareth Barry and Joleon Lescott both in the final year of their contracts, I would hope MP keeps them around as squad players rather than starters and as cover for injuries.
And as the marketplace activity heats up thru July, lets ignore all the media speculation, and just watch for actual player signings.
This week saw MP's first day on the job, so lets just let him get on with it, he has lots to do with six weeks to go to the big kick-off.

Then we should all look forward to a change of tactics and formation to a more attacking line-up, to an end of the old favouritism shown to certain players (based on name recognition not form or fitness), and no more lollygagging, and looking to a better blend of star players and promising younger players. I believe this will be the most noticeable improvement leading to better results and more consistency in our form. RM took most of the enjoyment out of the game for too many players last season. I hope MP can put back the enjoyment and enthusiasm into the game for all our players this season.

We'll probably start the season well. A few new players, a different system. We've usually had good starts in those circumstances because it takes time for opponents to work out how to play us.

More importantly, will we avoid our mid winter malaise?

YES Of course

Newcastle WIN
Cardiff WIN
Hull WIN
Stoke WIN
Rags WIN
Villa WIN
Everton WIN
West Ham WIN
Chelsea WIN
Norwich WIN

10 Games 10 WINS, Everybody Happy??

we are short of a striker,and a combative ball distributor. (ala alonso),think this guy pelle will need time to adjust to the way our game is played....he just looks spooked by it all,and i am a bit worried about it to be honest...would love to see em go off like a train,especially after last seasons start...
i reckon its wide open this time time and andwe wont figure early doors,lets hang on to the others coat tails,and hopefully this guy will get it together by xmas.....chelsea for me,sorry!

BLUEMATT23 said:
YES Of course

Newcastle WIN
Cardiff WIN
Hull WIN
Stoke WIN
Rags WIN
Villa WIN
Everton WIN
West Ham WIN
Chelsea WIN
Norwich WIN

10 Games 10 WINS, Everybody Happy??
Let's hope your right
There was a Mancini out thread in September after a dodgy start :)
I'll take 9 wins and a draw

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.