Will we score more but conceed more this season?

sam-caddick

My only worry going into the new season is the players getting used to this high line defensive system Pellegrini has brought in.

I just have a feeling it will take a few months of trying to master it until we become comfortable defensively, and in that time I can see many games where we will have to rely on outscoring our opponent, especially in away games.

Do you see us conceeding more than we are usually used to until we get this new system mastered?

It's one of the reasons we will have to hit the ground running in my opinion, our strikers simply have to be on top form.

sam-caddick said:
My only worry going into the new season is the players getting used to this high line defensive system Pellegrini has brought in.

I just have a feeling it will take a few months of trying to master it until we become comfortable defensively, and in that time I can see many games where we will have to rely on outscoring our opponent, especially in away games.

Do you see us conceeding more than we are usually used to until we get this new system mastered?

It's one of the reasons we will have to hit the ground running in my opinion, our strikers simply have to be on top form.
No; but we might concede more!

ybF9sBx.gif

TGR said:
Well after having the best defence for the last 3 seasons it's sure going to be an interesting season if we are already accepting we are going to concede more goals?

It's clear from pre season this new defensive system is going to take time to adjust to.

I just think we will see many a game in the opening months where we have to get out of situations where we have to try and win games 2-1 or 3-2, especially in away games if anything.

I found it more exciting to watch us play under MH, but our defense has been great over the last few seasons under RM. I really hope that we find the right balance.

omgitsnash said:
I found it more exciting to watch us play under MH, but our defense has been great over the last few seasons under RM. I really hope that we find the right balance.
unless you have Lionel Messi in your team...champions are built on solid defence,s.........Mancini built from the back....Hughes built from the front.....oh yeah plus the fact he was just an average manager............

I think we will concede more.This years title race will be tighter than ever and i reckon goal difference will count at the end so i hope pellers will sort it out if we keep having to score our way out of trouble.more exciting to watch but if we lose points because we cant get a goal when we need it then what is the point

dwren said:
omgitsnash said:
unless you have Lionel Messi in your team...champions are built on solid defence,s.........Mancini built from the back....Hughes built from the front.....oh yeah plus the fact he was just an average manager............

Whatever. I also found watching us far more exciting to watch when Hughes was boss.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.