Will we sign a striker in January ?

I feel sorry for whoever we sign (if we sign anyone).

If they don't score 7 on their debut, they'll be branded useless tossers and not fit to play for Barnet by the many footballing genii on here.

strongbowholic said:
I feel sorry for whoever we sign (if we sign anyone).

If they don't score 7 on their debut, they'll be branded useless tossers and not fit to play for Barnet by the many footballing genii on here.

This ^^

To be fair - new strikers are usually given at least 135 minutes before every touch, misplaced pass, attempt at goal, run to the wing to receive the ball instead of being on the penalty spot, misdireted head on, etc etc is greeted with sighs, slowly becoming howls of derrission before the inevitable shouts of "FFS get him of Mancini!!"

redmizzle said:
Goo said:
I never said "get rid of ASAP". I mean he needs to start to think communally instead of just himself. He is a good player of course, but i still think we need someone who like i said, will play for Mancini.

With regards to knowing what Mancini wants them to do on the pitch, just look at him going mad on the touch line every game. Compare that with Carlo Ancelotti.

p.s. I didn't say Torres or Dzeko either...

Didn't say you said any of those things just speaking generally. Carlo Ancelotti and Roberto Mancini are two totally different types of managers. Mancini gets animated on the touchline and has a go at ANY PLAYER thats not doing their job properly. Do you honestly think Tevez puts in the effort he does because he loves playing for Mancini? I think not, he's just that type of player. Its a bonus if a player will run into the ground for a manager but what's most important is that they are prepared to go about their job professionally before anything else regardless. Just out of interest which player do you suggest should replace Ade in January ( who will be willing to sit on the bench and not complain )? Getting rid of RSC and Jo won't exactly ''free up'' any first team places because they hardly play anyway.

Interesting question about "which striker". And I don't know the answer, however I have faith in BM to choose the right person. You're right about Tevez. He will always work himself into the groud regardless of the manager, but he is one in a million. And I totally agree they should go out and do the job professionally. But think of it in a different sense. People in all jobs will work much better if they are prepared to work for their managers. People who hate their manager or think they're better than that tend to fall off the track a bit. I'd love for Ade to stay if he can do what's better for the common good. However I will admit this season in Lech and against Wolves he did very well.

Plus in terms of letting up room. Balo/Tevez/Ade all have to realise they're not going to play every game and there has to be some rotation. 2 out of 3 games they should be looking at when we have 2 games a week!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.