Will we still get tevez?

vbr said:
Looks highly doubtful now, unless he wants to spend another season warming the bench behind RSC and Bellamy. How Hughes is going to fit our 1000 strikers on the pitch is baffling.

Easy, I can do it

......................RSC.....................
Vassell....Jo.........Caicedo....Petrov
Bellamy....Benjani...Bojinov....Robinho
.............Evans....Sturridge............

OK, I cheated a bit - Petrov at LB just had to be done ;-)

Or swap out Sturridge for Petrov and put Eto'o in ;-)

Dobsy87 said:
IF RSC and Bellamy suffer with injuries then Hughes will have to answer for it as it was his decision to bring them in. IF. Let's not slaughter him for something that hasn't happened yet.
Well other than the fact Bellamy has missed most of the games, we have played since he moved, that though is not the point the point is if the Tevez deal will be effected by this signing.

I'm convinced by the way Tevez turned down the Rags (Wanted more time I think not LOL) and is settled in Mani, plus the way Kia spoke about the situation I'm 90% certain he's coming here. But I'm keeping it to myself ;)

DOH!!!!

FFS Why is everyone flapping now we have signed Santa Cruz?

Tevez is in the bag and has been for a number of weeks and we are still very much in the hunt for Eto'o signature.

Even if the Eto'o deal doesn't hppen we will have a front 3 of

Tevez..........RSC..........Robbie

We have loads of forwards on the books but its been the case for years at city and as usual most of them are shit. But the club have already stated there will be another big clear out this summer.

Vassell - out of contract - already confirmed he will be released
Jo - loan or possibly sold / exchanged for Lescott
Caicedo - West Ham and Sporting want him and have offered decent money. Might sell if we get Tevez and eto.
Benjani - Will almost certainly be sold.
Bojinov - Always injured - will probably be sold if we sign Tevez.
Evans - Will almost certainly be sold - several premiership and championship clubs interested.
Sturridge - Refuses to sign new contract - off to Chelsea / West Ham. Fee to be decided by tribunal

So at the moment we have Bellamy and RSC as first choice forwards. If we get Tevez and and Eto we will have 4 decent forwards that can actually score goals and are good enough for a top 6 side for the first time I can remember. THe top 4 sides all have at least 3 quality forwards.

Eto & Tevez first choice. Bellend and RSC as cover / cup games etc.

If we dont get Tevez I can see us going for Owen as a short term fix. But it looks like we have a very good chance of actually signing Tevez at the moment.

If we dont sign ETO we will presumably keep Caicedo and possibly Jo. Transfer activity seems well planned out this summer, I would expect at least 10 - 12 players to leave the club if we get all the new players we want. 5 or 6 first team squad players are out of contract for starters and have been told they are going....

vbr said:
Looks highly doubtful now, unless he wants to spend another season warming the bench behind RSC and Bellamy. How Hughes is going to fit our 1000 strikers on the pitch is baffling.
If you mean that signing Tevez is doubtful, you are completely wrong. We need Tevez irrespective of anything else. If you mean that signing Etoo is doubtful, maybe...we won't want to pay his extortionate wages if/when we also sign the likes of Lescott, Upson or Hangeland.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.