Will we win the league? (continued)

shaiomarali said:
The thing is, well for me anyways, interviews should be taken with a pinch of salt.

Nothing wrong with positivity and there is no other way in answering interviews but I have come to the point of reading them from the OS as a routine PR that they do in big games.

There was a lot of positive interviews before the liverpool game, and the barca game, usually the big games. But we fail to deliver and this after reading interviews that build up on your expectations. There was a Zaba interview that really gave me a buzzing feeling, and then followed by losing points in said game.

I would prefer a change of scene and have the coaches be interviewed. Who's trajning their boots off, who's putting a shift, who's fully fit, who has improved a lot, are they doing anything new (not to say they should reveal them).

I would like to know of these things, like tje training ground threads. Paints a better picture of the players mentality in approaching the game.

Having said that, Im spouting nonsense because the weekend cant come any sooner and its doing my head in!

I disagree. After the first 20 mins where I think we were phased by all the Hillsborough hoopla, we delivered in the Liverpool game. Clattenburg stole it away from us. Kompany mis-kicked yes, but so did Liverpool players on several occasions. Kompany's happened to go in a perfect place and perfect height for Coutinho to strike first time.

And Barcelona - we played with ferocious intensity for 90 minutes and matched them in their backyard.

I'd be very happy if I saw an effort on par with Liverpool mins 20-90 and Barcelona throughout.

lasereyes said:
shaiomarali said:
The thing is, well for me anyways, interviews should be taken with a pinch of salt.

Nothing wrong with positivity and there is no other way in answering interviews but I have come to the point of reading them from the OS as a routine PR that they do in big games.

There was a lot of positive interviews before the liverpool game, and the barca game, usually the big games. But we fail to deliver and this after reading interviews that build up on your expectations. There was a Zaba interview that really gave me a buzzing feeling, and then followed by losing points in said game.

I would prefer a change of scene and have the coaches be interviewed. Who's trajning their boots off, who's putting a shift, who's fully fit, who has improved a lot, are they doing anything new (not to say they should reveal them).

I would like to know of these things, like tje training ground threads. Paints a better picture of the players mentality in approaching the game.

Having said that, Im spouting nonsense because the weekend cant come any sooner and its doing my head in!

I disagree. After the first 20 mins where I think we were phased by all the Hillsborough hoopla, we delivered in the Liverpool game. Clattenburg stole it away from us. Kompany mis-kicked yes, but so did Liverpool players on several occasions. Kompany's happened to go in a perfect place and perfect height for Coutinho to strike first time.

And Barcelona - we played with ferocious intensity for 90 minutes and matched them in their backyard.

I'd be very happy if I saw an effort on par with Liverpool mins 20-90 and Barcelona throughout.

I think you have contradicted yourself... leading up to the Liverpool game the players talked about being ready for the intensity and occassion of that game and recognising what was at stake... yet we started slowly and allowed them too much space. We also were sloppy from set pieces which is unacceptable in any game... and only when behind did we start to play.

It is often good to read training reports to hear about who is playing well... words mean nothing and most of those interviews feature leading questions; "Fernandinho, are you going to approach the last three games with intensity?"... it is set up for him to say the right things... No player will say "to be honest, it's going to be tough and I'm feeling nackered already. I'd love to win it, but I've got a summerhouse in Italy booked up for the summer if we don't and after the World Cup I'm looking forward to a chill".

supercity88 said:
lasereyes said:
shaiomarali said:

I think you have contradicted yourself... leading up to the Liverpool game the players talked about being ready for the intensity and occassion of that game and recognising what was at stake... yet we started slowly and allowed them too much space. We also were sloppy from set pieces which is unacceptable in any game... and only when behind did we start to play.

It is often good to read training reports to hear about who is playing well... words mean nothing and most of those interviews feature leading questions; "Fernandinho, are you going to approach the last three games with intensity?"... it is set up for him to say the right things... No player will say "to be honest, it's going to be tough and I'm feeling nackered already. I'd love to win it, but I've got a summerhouse in Italy booked up for the summer if we don't and after the World Cup I'm looking forward to a chill".

Didn't contradict anything, but did you watch the game? We had Liverpool on the mat in the second half and would have comfortably walked away with 3pts but for 3 penalties not given and Bucktooth being spared an early bath. We played with passion and intensity - exactly as the players said we would and Fernandinho is saying here.

If all that went over your head, then so be it.

lasereyes said:
supercity88 said:
lasereyes said:

Didn't contradict anything, but did you watch the game? We had Liverpool on the mat in the second half and would have comfortably walked away with 3pts but for 3 penalties not given and Bucktooth being spared an early bath. We played with passion and intensity - exactly as the players said we would and Fernandinho is saying here.

If all that went over your head, then so be it.

The thing with the Liverpool game was, that no matter what kind of intensity we started with, that team that started the game was never going to keep Liverpool quiet in the first 30 minutes. As soon as i saw the team sheet I thought were fighting fire with fire here, and I could see us getting burned.

Once Liverpool started to feel the pressure leading up to half time and especially in the second half, we looked more capable of getting something from the game and were by far the better team.

We lost the game in the first 30 minutes IMO, no way you can go to Anfield and get anything after being 2-0 down at HT.

That's why the set up of the team is so important in these big games, sometimes you know your the better side and that can reflect in your team selection, but away at Liverpool the way they have been playing, it was crying out for some pragmatism in the first half but we got it totally wrong.

I can't see us let it slip through our fingers from here, i really can't. Everton away is never easy (understatement), but they are different under Martinez. He's doing a better job than Moyes ever did, but nevertheless he doesn't hate us like Moyes did and I am not sure it's a cup final for them now, like it was when Moyes was in charge.

Add to this the fact that they are missing key players, and their form isn't great. And we are playing pretty well and are getting back to full strength. There's arguably no better time for us to try to beat Everton and I expect us to do it.

The remaining two games at home aren't a given, but when you look at our home record over the past 4 seasons, you'd have to back us to win those.

So i think we ARE going to be champeens again!

Okay, that was the hard one. Do we now need to go into Villa at home and blitz them with a performance and goals that will leave the media with no choice but to praise city as worthy champions.

Pick a side to score 4 or 5 goals from whoever is fit and win the title with a smile on your face not stress fractures. :)

Healdplace said:
Okay, that was the hard one. Do we now need to go into Villa at home and blitz them with a performance and goals that will leave the media with no choice but to praise city as worthy champions.

Pick a side to score 4 or 5 goals from whoever is fit and win the title with a smile on your face not stress fractures. :)

I'd settle for a scruffy one nil.

Healdplace said:

Healdplace said:

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.