Will we win the league? (continued)

Re: Will we win the Prem / Title still possible (merged)

Today has been fantastic and it's a great feeling being back in it, but the Everton game really worries me, a massive bogey team whose fans can't stand us

The atmosphere at goodison over the past few years, during city games, has been very aggressive! I remember them spitting on Robinson etc, after moyes had fuelled the scouse fires with his pre match notes

Shame the arsenal game isn't 24 hours before, to put the final nail in their champs league hopes, before they play us

This is just about the worst away fixture we could have

chesterbells said:
Beermonster said:
Vincents Tackle said:
Perfect Saturday next week will be we win our game v Everton and Villa and West Ham both pick up 3 points meaning guaranteed safety for both before their games against us.

Yep agreed...I think Arsenal can do us a huge favour by winning tomorrow night to put them 4 points clear of Everton.
Not over by any stretch of the imagination but great to have it back in our hands

Yep, good shout on Arsenal, Villa & West Ham

An Arsenal win tomorrow and I'd say most Everton fans will be hoping they lose to us as 4th will already be gone for them. The players and the manager might not feel the same but they're missing Baines, Jagielka, Distin, Barry and Mirallas so we should have too much for them anyway.<br /><br />-- Sun Apr 27, 2014 9:53 pm --<br /><br />
Cheadle Blue said:
Today has been fantastic and it's a great feeling being back in it, but the Everton game really worries me, a massive bogey team whose fans can't stand us

The atmosphere at goodison over the past few years, during city games, has been very aggressive! I remember them spitting on Robinson etc, after moyes had fuelled the scouse fires with his pre match notes

Shame the arsenal game isn't 24 hours before, to put the final nail in their champs league hopes, before they play us

Everton fans will be cheering us on next week if Arsenal win tomorrow.

I'm more afraid of a draw. They be got a few players who can capitalize on our sometimes schoolyard defending. Cam we score enough without silva to overcome this?

Vincents Tackle said:
chesterbells said:
Beermonster said:
Yep agreed...I think Arsenal can do us a huge favour by winning tomorrow night to put them 4 points clear of Everton.
Not over by any stretch of the imagination but great to have it back in our hands

Yep, good shout on Arsenal, Villa & West Ham

An Arsenal win tomorrow and I'd say most Everton fans will be hoping they lose to us as 4th will already be gone for them. The players and the manager might not feel the same but they're missing Baines, Jagielka, Distin, Barry and Mirallas so we should have too much for them anyway.

-- Sun Apr 27, 2014 9:53 pm --

Cheadle Blue said:

Everton fans will be cheering us on next week if Arsenal win tomorrow.

Yep..think Jagielka may be available? but still a lot of injuries to contend with and obviously great that Barry won't be playing for them.

JoeMercer'sWay said:
Yaya comes alive at this time of year, 3 more performances like that and we can do this.
Your spot on . He moves up another gear in spring .

I'm going to enjoy today and then tomorrow I'll be focused on the everton game.
Playing them is different nowadays, when the chosen one was in charge it seemed personal and we always looked scared to death playing them. Now with martinez they are totally different, they don't have that aggression, they play more open which will suit our game and they look like they've hit the buffers but approach with caution.
This has the feel of the newcastle match in 2012.
I hope I'm right.

Let's not make Liverpool fans out of ourselves...It's going down to the final day.
Everton are a quality team and they won't roll over just because they are 4 points behind, which in turn would risk putting them to sixth.

manimanc said:
I'm going to enjoy today and then tomorrow I'll be focused on the everton game.
Playing them is different nowadays, when the chosen one was in charge it seemed personal and we always looked scared to death playing them. Now with martinez they are totally different, they don't have that aggression, they play more open which will suit our game and they look like they've hit the buffers but approach with caution.
This has the feel of the newcastle match in 2012.
I hope I'm right.

Agreed mate I said this when we played them at home at the start of the season, and I don't think anyone had beaten them in the league at that point. Fans might not want it so much either if arsenal win tomorrow and they know they probably won't get fourth

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.