Will we win the league? (continued)

blueparrot said:
Goater=Legend said:
urara6uv.jpg

Incredible how we've only spent 10 days at the top.

Incredible the rags spent 2 days top. Does anyone know the least number of days the eventual winners have spent at the top ?
I might be wrong but I seem to recall when Arsenal won the title in 1989 when Micky Thomas scored in the last minute it was the first time they'd been top all season. Certainly when we were relegated against Luton in 1983 that was the first time we'd been in the bottom three all season.

Goater=Legend said:
urara6uv.jpg

Not really suprising,when we have been 3 games behind every other team since the end of Feb

We obviously have a great chance but we have to be professional and determined to make sure we don't pass this opportunity by.

gordondaviesmoustache said:
blueparrot said:
Goater=Legend said:

Incredible the rags spent 2 days top. Does anyone know the least number of days the eventual winners have spent at the top ?
I might be wrong but I seem to recall when Arsenal won the title in 1989 when Micky Thomas scored in the last minute it was the first time they'd been top all season. Certainly when we were relegated against Luton in 1983 that was the first time we'd been in the bottom three all season.

Nope...Arsenal were top from the turn of the year. Liverpool were on catchup having games in hand like us.

Statt0 said:
gordondaviesmoustache said:
blueparrot said:

Nope...Arsenal were top from the turn of the year. Liverpool were on catchup having games in hand like us.
Ok. I did say I wasn't sure. I am about us in '83 though.

Infirmus Cygnus said:
Chappie said:
Goater=Legend said:
urara6uv.jpg

Not really suprising,when we have been 3 games behind every other team since the end of Feb

As they sing on Broadway... "It's not where you start, it's where you finish."

Never truer than today and on Sunday.

True. It's all in the timing. Well done to us if we pull this off.

Some reassuring stats..

In the last 4 and a half seasons since we have had a competent manager in charge, these are our home stats.

Played 83

Won 67
Lost 8
Drawn 8

Of the 8 losses - All but Norwich in the last game of last season were by teams in the top 6.

Of the 8 draws - only 5 of these were against sides outside top 6 and three were in season 10/11.

In the last 3 season (55 games) - only Sunderland and Norwich of clubs not in the top 6 have taken points off us.

Whilst we may all be nervous as hell, more often than not, the players deliver!

The reality is that teams just don't go from 7th to winning the title in a year, therefore I guess Liverpool's "implosion" was always on the cards and I am glad it is them we are up against rather than Chelsea. Liverpool just don't have the nouse yet to grind out a title.

Watching this City side in the past few weeks has been very impressive, a good balance of flair and power, perfect title winning team

Oh and my lucky shirt hasn't been washed since before the palace game so unlucky when you stand next to me but you WILL enjoy us winning the title at the weekend with points to spare.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.