Will we win the Prem / Title still possible (merged)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Whatever happens tomorrow, as long as we don't lose ground I'll still have faith we can win it. Liverpool can win tomorrow and lose against palace. We're staring down the barrel and by Sunday night it could be over but I still think if we win our last four there's a good chance we'll win it

Someone said on this forum a while ago that 2011/2012 cleansed his football soul so anything that happens now or in future seasons will happen. Que sera sera!

I said that when we won it 2 years ago - the way it happened can never be surpassed in my opinion.

I am satisfied football wise now.

The Fat el Hombre said:
Whatever happens tomorrow, as long as we don't lose ground I'll still have faith we can win it. Liverpool can win tomorrow and lose against palace. We're staring down the barrel and by Sunday night it could be over but I still think if we win our last four there's a good chance we'll win it

I admire your optimism but if Liverpool win tomorrow it's game over for the title realistically. Palace could get a draw but can't see them winning.

Number 1 is Colin Bell said:
Someone said on this forum a while ago that 2011/2012 cleansed his football soul so anything that happens now or in future seasons will happen. Que sera sera!

I said that when we won it 2 years ago - the way it happened can never be surpassed in my opinion.

For me there is an element of truth in this.I thought i would die without seeing us ever win another trophy,now i have seen us win three.The winning of the league was the best ever,nothing can surpass that feeling of utter euphoria when Agero's shot hit the back of the net,nothing.To have snatched it out of the rags hands just as they were about to celebrate just made it all the sweeter.

I feel we have cocked up since,in spite of winning the capital one cup this season.With the players and squad we have we should have won it last year at least,instead a poor rag side won it at a canter.I have no worries about the future we will grow bigger and stronger and i am sure win many more trophies too.

If i have a criticism it is sometimes the players don't look hungry enough or go and impose themselves on teams,especially away and get games won,take them by the throat like all great teams have in the past.I am sure that will come eventually too.

The Fat el Hombre said:

This is where I stand too. Even if they beat chelsea and palace, provided we win our next four games, I am still not giving up on newcastle scrambling an upset. a few of the results in the league come from bad refereeing, dropping clangers and recessive tactics. liverpool, in their giddyness to lift the trophy, may just be granted the worst last 10 minutes of their season. Here's hoping.

shaiomarali said:
The Fat el Hombre said:

This is where I stand too. Even if they beat chelsea and palace, provided we win our next four games, I am still not giving up on newcastle scrambling an upset. a few of the results in the league come from bad refereeing, dropping clangers and recessive tactics. liverpool, in their giddyness to lift the trophy, may just be granted the worst last 10 minutes of their season. Here's hoping.

Newcastle have got the spine of a jellyfish,the ref could give them a two goal start and the scousers would still beat them.If we need the Geordie's to do us a favour on the last day we are sunk without trace trust me!

paulchapo said:
Number 1 is Colin Bell said:

For me there is an element of truth in this.I thought i would die without seeing us ever win another trophy,now i have seen us win three.The winning of the league was the best ever,nothing can surpass that feeling of utter euphoria when Agero's shot hit the back of the net,nothing.To have snatched it out of the rags hands just as they were about to celebrate just made it all the sweeter.

I agree. This may sound a bit melodramatic, but I am 53 later this year and for the past 20 years or so, I have just thought, "I'd give anything just to see us win the league before I die".

Nothing could ever surpass, emotionally, what happened in 2012, nothing. I'd really love to win the league this season and I will be gutted if we don't. But my life isn't feeling unfulfilled like it did pre-2012.

paulchapo said:
shaiomarali said:
The Fat el Hombre said:

Newcastle have got the spine of a jellyfish,the ref could give them a two goal start and the scousers would still beat them.If we need the Geordie's to do us a favour on the last day we are sunk without trace trust me!

I'm not talking about newcastle at all. I'm talking about the champions elect losing composure in the final hurdle. It is not an easy feat to be that composed when the back of one's head is lifting the trophy and a parade. No matter how jellylike newcastle will be, I think the pressure of ignominy of throwing the game away in the worst of fashion will be the enemy of that day. if they win both chelsea and palace, they just need a draw to win the league. I don't think they will play free flowing football at the risk of getting counterattacked. They will park the bus and soak all the pressure. They will be overly cautious. They will play direct football and run down the time. If they escape unscathed, then, yes deserved champions.

We don't have that same pressure to win all 5 games, while they have been bigged up for several weeks to win the league. As far as it goes, we are out of contention so I do want us to win all 5 games. If we don't, we always have next year. They on the other, can't afford to slip up one iota as it will be one of the most monumental cock-ups in the race for the title and with CL next year, may be the only season when it's most probable for them to win the title.

A Skrtel own goal for example, may decide their fate. Suarez might finally be sent off for a dive. I'm not giving up hope on the last game in spite of giving up hope on newcastle.

I would be over the moon if they lose points to chelsea and palace, but, if otherwise and we still have not lose ground, I refuse to believe that it's over for us.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.