Will we win the Prem / Title still possible (merged)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Will we win the Prem?

nobody can eat fifty eggs said:
Didsbury Dave said:
Stoned Rose said:
Much has been made of Liverpool being the best team we've faced in the league this year and them being 'unlucky' to lose.

I've re-watched the game twice now and we were much the better side.

We controlled the vast majority of the game and even before they took the 0-1 lead we'd hit the post (Navas) and missed 2 really good chances (Negredo). The first 15 minutes Liverpool hardly got out of their own half. We were excellent in general play and excellent on the break. We also dominated them from our corners. Skrtel in particular was shitting his pants everytime Vinny came near him. Our 2nd goal cut through them like a knife through hot butter.

The reality was they looked dangerous on 3 or 4 'counters', scored from one, were given a wrong offside from another and missed the other two (the Henderson 'back heel' and the Sterling 'sitter from 2 yards'). Other than that, they had dick all.

Their opportunities were down to us leaving that 'gap' we like to leave between Yaya and Fern and the centre backs. Coutinho was in there a lot as was Sterling. Suarez also came deep a lot and tried to 'spin' Vinny. Those 3 were popping up in there and this was where their threat was located. We coped very well with everything else they did.

If we deal with this 'gap' and this tactic we'll deal with them. I think our 'line' is now much better than it was then but will need to be watertight for this game. We cant have them playing on the shoulders of our back 4.

They were without Sturridge and Gerrard. We were without Aguero and we also played Lescott who if we're being honest is 4th choice when everyone is fit.

They really weren't that good and there is no reason to fear them.

Only just seen this post but it's bang on the money. I haven't watched the Liverpool game since the day but that's exactly how I remember it. And yesterday's was a bit the same: Southampton played in the gap you referred to. I am going to call it the 'yaya hole', because he becomes part of the problem when teams play there and press there. We might well see ferna and Garcia behind yaya for that reason. The flip side, though, is that we can cope with teams playing in front of us, like we did then and yesterday. What we don't want is their forwards playing off the shoulder of MDM or kolorov. Surely the manager won't play kolorov but he has to play MDM.
Vinny says Liverpool have been the strongest side we've faced this season and I tend to agree with our skipper.

Just because they were the strongest side we have faced doesn't mean that they deserved to beat us.

Millwallawayveteran1988 said:
Watching this I think everton will be just as hard.

Arsenal really are weak. A bit more will to win and we would have come away with 3 points.

This. They were there for the taking, without Wilshere, Ramsey or Ozil. Everton will be tough, today they've been excellent. If they play like this I cant see us getting anything more than a point.

citymad said:

Arsenal really are weak. A bit more will to win and we would have come away with 3 points.

This. They were there for the taking, without Wilshere, Ramsey or Ozil. Everton will be tough, today they've been excellent. If they play like this I cant see us getting anything more than a point.

Why not? Man for Man we are miles stronger than Everton.

SuperMario's Fireworks. said:
citymad said:

Why not? Man for Man we are miles stronger than Everton.

We have been better man for man than Everton for 4/5 years but sometimes desire is the most important component in certain games.

edu9edur.jpg

reading some of the posts on this thread. reminds me of this ^^^^^^^^^^

So many Liverpool fans have crawled out of their hole since they started playing well.

Really hope they drop off asap so they can go away again.

Could happen that Everton if they beat us give their arch rivals the title.
They will be severely conflicted about winning that game.

citymad said:

With all the injuries Arsenal have had this season its a wonder they have remained in the top 4 all season.
Everton will be a tough game but we will have too much for them, I can only see 3 points.

TCIB said:
Could happen that Everton if they beat us give their arch rivals the title.
They will be severely conflicted about winning that game.

To a man (at my work) the 15 or so Everton fans would rather we beat them and they lost out on CL than beat us and help the Dippers to the title.

They fucking despise Liverpool.

I can see us winning all our home games.

It's the away three that will decide our fate.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.