Will we win the Prem / Title still possible (merged)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Will we win the Prem (continued)?

cityboy5 said:
Ten years without a win at Anfield is not good enough , l believe we threw the title away at the Emirates
The daft losses were at Cardiff, Villa and Sunderland. And today. Played like mugs in all those games gifting goals in most of those defeats. Did it again today

It's the way we've lost the games this season that has really bothered me, though.

Cardiff - 1-0 up, silly changes, lack of concentration.

Aston Villa - 2-1 up, silly changes, lack of concentration leads to a mistake.

Chelsea - 1-1 and in control, lack of concentration leads to a mistake.

Sunderland - Nothing can be said about this really, it was just a dodgy 1-0 we would have won on another day.

Chelsea - Lost Fernandinho and Aguero. Huge losses, Chelsea played us perfectly.

Liverpool - 2-2 and in control, silly changes, lack of concentration leads to a mistake.

We'll have thrown this title away if we don't win it.

Blue Is the Opposite of Blue said:
It's the way we've lost the games this season that has really bothered me, though.

Sunderland - Nothing can be said about this really, it was just a dodgy 1-0 we would have won on another day.

Chelsea - Lost Fernandinho and Aguero. Huge losses, Chelsea played us perfectly.

Liverpool - 2-2 and in control, silly changes, lack of concentration leads to a mistake.

I think this is the second season in a row that we have thrown away the title and I'm well pissed!!
The squad seem incapable of rising to the occasion this season in the majority of the "must win " games. We couldn't beat Bayern at home, couldn't beat Barca home or away , drew away with Arsenal' s reserve side , screwed up against Chelsea in the league and against Wigan in the FA cup and failed to turn up for the first quarter of the game v Liverpool.
No-one is denying that we haven't come a long way in the last 6 years but we could and should have done so much better with the squad we had last season and this. I think we need to do a lot of strengthening in the transfer market because as a squad we seem to have stood still since we won the title. At one stage we were in for 4 trophies and we are going to end up with the least prestigious only. Sadly,typical City for another season at least.
CTID

So, let's say that's at least 8 points dropped from decent positions? Christ....

Blue Elvis said:

I think this is the second season in a row that we have thrown away the title and I'm well pissed!!
The squad seem incapable of rising to the occasion this season in the majority of the "must win " games. We couldn't beat Bayern at home, couldn't beat Barca home or away , drew away with Arsenal' s reserve side , screwed up against Chelsea in the league and against Wigan in the FA cup and failed to turn up for the first quarter of the game v Liverpool.
No-one is denying that we haven't come a long way in the last 6 years but we could and should have done so much better with the squad we had last season and this. I think we need to do a lot of strengthening in the transfer market because as a squad we seem to have stood still since we won the title. At one stage we were in for 4 trophies and we are going to end up with the least prestigious only. Sadly,typical City for another season at least.
CTID

Just one question - what are you going to say if we win our last 6 games and lift the title (which I think we would cos I can definitely see Liverpool drawing or losing at least one).

Pool just wont drop enough points now.

Gerrard going mental here after the game but he will motivate them getting at least 10 points and that will be enough for them...

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dBh_KRi-yCE[/youtube]

We probably have to win our last 6 games to be in with a shout now.

cityboy5 said:
Ten years without a win at Anfield is not good enough , l believe we threw the title away at the Emirates

The title was put in doubt with the defeats at Cardiff, Sunderland, Villa, and the infamous cock up between Hart and Nasty at Stamford Bridge.

We must learn and move on.<br /><br />-- Mon Apr 14, 2014 2:52 am --<br /><br />
John.des said:

Gerrard going mental here after the game but he will motivate them getting at least 10 points and that will be enough for them...

10 points won't be enough, that means they will only get 87 points, I think we will win the remaining 6 games as the pressure is off. They need 12 points to win it. Only my opinion!!

Mr Ed (The Stables) said:
cityboy5 said:

The title was put in doubt with the defeats at Cardiff, Sunderland, Villa, and the infamous cock up between Hart and Nasty at Stamford Bridge.

We must learn and move on.

-- Mon Apr 14, 2014 2:52 am --

John.des said:

10 points won't be enough, that means they will only get 87 points, I think we will win the remaining 6 games as the pressure is off. They need 12 points to win it. Only my opinion!!

If you calculate with 6 wins yeah.

But I think we finish either on 84 or 85 points. No more.

Not optimistic, am I? But was sure we can go to Emirates vs missing half of their squad Arsenal and win and also get a draw at Anfield, thats 3 points more than we really got while 2 less for Pool, and didnt happen. Now we will pay the price.

3 wins and a draw vs Chelsea will get Pool the title. Just one draw for us in 6 games and its guaranteed. I can see losses or draws both for Palace, everton game in worst scenario.

Only other thing is if maybe Everton earns CL place until we play them, and a win would win the league for us maybe they would throw it to make sure Pool wins fuck all.:)
But it will be so close between Arsenal/Everton for 4th place, Everton-City probably will be a game for them where they need a win for 4th. And they will create similar atmosphere like Pool did.

John.des said:

They have that passion we had in 2012. The first title on the sight after so many years, they'll surely run through the wall in next 4 games.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.