Will we win the Prem / Title still possible (merged)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Title still possible

Cant see it myself, Chelsea and Liverpool both have to drop points in two games and it wont happen. Chelsea may drop points at liverpool, but they have 3 games they should win. The liv v chels game is now irelevent for us as Chelsea won't drop points in their other games.

We are closer to fifth place than the top!

If we were playing well I might share your optimism but it just seems blind faith. Admirable but completely misplaced.

Re: Will we win the Prem (continued)?

Very unlikely now - the only wild card really is that Chelsea and Liverpool have to play each other.

I'm trying to be philosophical in thinking that things have really changed for us if we consider it a bad season when we've won a cup and battered United twice.

It's injuries that ultimately cost us winning more - an arguably blameless situation.

If we win all our games (a big if, granted). than a conceivable scenario is that Chelsea beat Liverpool and then have to go to Cardiff on the last day to get a win to win the league. We know how that feels. If Cardiff are relegated by that time, then we can forget it it, but if by some miracle they are fighting to stay up, then there is a prayer of a hope.

So what's the chance of that all happening?

Us to win all out remaining games? 20% chance.
Chelsea to beat Liverpool? 30%
Cardiff to be stiil in it? 10%
Chelsea to drop points against Cardiff 20%

So overall? 20% x 30% x 10% x 20% = We have a 0.12% chance of being Champions! Or to put it another way, 833 to 1 against.

Believe :-) LOL

Play with the numbers yourselves, by all means.

There will be more twists and turns I think. Its not over we would be silly to say its all over just yet. We need to win every game to have a chance and hope for results to go our way. Its out of our hands but if we keep winning the games then see were we finish is the way we should look at it. This weekend we will know what Chelsea and Liverpools results were so this should help no pressure on us now it seems.

Sorry lads but im 'man down' now for the rest of the season

I was with us all the way to last night, still thought we would win the league providing we won all our games but what I saw last night was a team that just simply didn't have the fight in them

Like my Dad said, at 1-0 Liverpool would have been all over Sunderland like a rash trying to get that 2nd goal, we didn't we sat off and we didn't even get a kick in the first half a la Southampton (H)

Hopefully we will go on to win the rest of our games and see where we end up and we can take that into the start of next season

I was gutted after the Liverpool game as we deserved something from our 2nd half display, last night was just a disgrace we didn't even deserve a point

leighton said:
There will be more twists and turns I think. Its not over we would be silly to say its all over just yet. We need to win every game to have a chance and hope for results to go our way. Its out of our hands but if we keep winning the games then see were we finish is the way we should look at it. This weekend we will know what Chelsea and Liverpools results were so this should help no pressure on us now it seems.

Keep winning games implies that we are winning games. We have won 1 out of the last 4. To win 5 out of 5 with that form will really take some doing. The way we are going at the moment I would be surprised if we get more than 81 points.

This season is gone, my only wish is I booked my holiday earlier so I dont have to bother with the tedium of not finishing anywhere worthwhile

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.