Will we win the Prem / Title still possible (merged)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Title still possible

LFC-Fans said:
Do you mean if Norwich beat us? Palace is after Chelsea

Ohhh ! You`re back are you ?
I would have thought you would have been on the Silva`s tragic armband thread. Defending your fellow {isolated } whingers.
Whilst forming a posse to hunt down the pisstaking magician and burning him at the stake.

But NO you just lurk in the background.......until the anniversary !

Of course it is still possible. We can still win it. Chelsea could draw or lose, Liverpool could too and we could win the rest. We have absolutely nothing to lose now. Maybe that will work in our favour. The pressure is off, the team can go and just play unrestricted and win the next 5. Get us to 86pts and who knows. Win against Villa and we could be within 3pts of Liverpool. If they lose to Chelsea then we are equal with them and all we need Chelsea to do is slip up in one other game... It is definitely still possible but the fact is we should have been looking at things this morning as being on 73pts and able to close within 1pt of Liverpool. Liverpool will slip up, they wont win their next 4 games. But now we've allowed Chelsea to win the league even if Liverpool slip up. But... would either of those clubs have expected us to drop points? No. Would you expect Chelsea to lose two on the trot to Villa and Palace away? No. Would you expect Liverpool to win 14 in a row? No.

Twists and turns but 86pts is still a long way off for us. We now HAVE to win at Selhurst and Goodison and our remaining home games. If we win with 86pts then we've profitted from a league with a lot of transitional teams who have all slipped up.

supercity88 said:
Of course it is still possible. We can still win it. Chelsea could draw or lose, Liverpool could too and we could win the rest. We have absolutely nothing to lose now. Maybe that will work in our favour. The pressure is off, the team can go and just play unrestricted and win the next 5. Get us to 86pts and who knows. Win against Villa and we could be within 3pts of Liverpool. If they lose to Chelsea then we are equal with them and all we need Chelsea to do is slip up in one other game... It is definitely still possible but the fact is we should have been looking at things this morning as being on 73pts and able to close within 1pt of Liverpool. Liverpool will slip up, they wont win their next 4 games. But now we've allowed Chelsea to win the league even if Liverpool slip up. But... would either of those clubs have expected us to drop points? No. Would you expect Chelsea to lose two on the trot to Villa and Palace away? No. Would you expect Liverpool to win 14 in a row? No.

Twists and turns but 86pts is still a long way off for us. We now HAVE to win at Selhurst and Goodison and our remaining home games. If we win with 86pts then we've profitted from a league with a lot of transitional teams who have all slipped up.

We had absolutely nothing to lose last night too and look what happened there!

We need more than one thing to happen now.

Not only that our desire is lacking. We wont win our 5 games. Its over.

This strongest squad in the league idea is a myth.
We have overpaid for average players who lack ability or attitude or BOTH.
A combined fee of £60M for Garcia, Kolarov & Dzeko is frankly embarassing.

Someone posted that performance last night reminded them of the Wigan final- at the stadium i was thinking exactly the same. The players excuse last season was Mancini's abrasiveness, whats the excuse this season? A few of them they need to take a serious look at themselves, not that they will whilst driving home in their Ferraris to their model wives, they are detached from reality.

Sunderland just like Wigan (twice) wanted it more, we lack the heart for a fight.
As blues we try to give the players every reason for these performances- tiredness, injuries etc

For me it is simple they are overpaid & lack the hunger & fight to be at a top club.

I would like to add that it is not all the players we do have a quality core & with the right outs/ins in the summer we can turn it around, but i have a horrible feeling we will get rid of the workers & quality & keep the ones not up to it.

This is NOT a knee jerk reaction after a bad night i have been thinking like this for over a year but hoped i was wrong........

Lucky Toma said:
It may have been understandable considering the hugely disappointing display and result but Blues were far too quick to write us off last night. We remain in title contention.

Just imagine for one moment if Palace beat the dippers on Sunday. With them having to play Chelsea suddenly it would look on again.

There will be more twists and turn to come. If they're to our benefit we CAN still do it!

Yer right about twists and turns, LT. We had one last night - another twist away from us and a turn towards the Dippers.

I can see Liverpool possibly dropping a point playing CFC but they have such momentum at the moment that I cannot see any of their players thinking about the possibility of dropping points. And if things are a bit tight in any of their remaining fixtures they will be able to call on Sturridge, Sterling or Suarez to enact the ninety-ninth triple salchow in the oppo penalty area and whichever whistling wanker is reffing their game will undoubtedly oblige for Stevie Starfish's umpteenth pen of the season.

love the deluded optimism in this thread

chris85mcfc said:
Sorry lads but im 'man down' now for the rest of the season

I was with us all the way to last night, still thought we would win the league providing we won all our games but what I saw last night was a team that just simply didn't have the fight in them

Like my Dad said, at 1-0 Liverpool would have been all over Sunderland like a rash trying to get that 2nd goal, we didn't we sat off and we didn't even get a kick in the first half a la Southampton (H)

Hopefully we will go on to win the rest of our games and see where we end up and we can take that into the start of next season

I was gutted after the Liverpool game as we deserved something from our 2nd half display, last night was just a disgrace we didn't even deserve a point

Agree with a lot of that. I was still very confident after liverpool, we deserved to win, played well and I was confident we would do what we needed to. I was also confident chelsea would (and still will) get something at anfield.

We were beyond awful for much of last night.

We started so well, but took our foot off the gas. Then when we went 2-1 down we were right at them- why did it take going down to spark us into gear? At this stage of the season we shouldn't need going down to spark us into life.

NorthEastScotlandMCFC said:
love the deluded optimism in this thread

Why is it " deluded optimism " ?
Were any trophies given out last night ? NO
Will any trophies be given out this weekend ? NO
So until they are I for one will continue to be optimistic. !

Deluded or not !

Liverpool need to draw with Chelsea and draw another. Or just lose one game.

Chelsea just need to drop any points, at Liverpool or elsewhere.

I can se all that happening. Question is can I see us winning all our games? After last night, no. But I said the same after Arsenal a couple of years ago.

Football is 99% about belief. Keep the faith.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.