Will Weiss Get a Start This Season?

chrisi said:
mcfc1996 said:
Sorry Chrisi but I'm not having any of that. SWP is an international class player who offers us so much. SWP is still good enough in this current squad to be one of the 1st 11 names on the teamsheet. He has the ability to beat any defender in the league and also has the work ethic to track back.

Weiss on the other hand is a kid who has hardly played a game at PL level and looks like he needs a few steak dinners before he has the power and strength to compete at that level.
good point mate but i think we should risk it with weiss, just my opinion.
he could turn out to be the new messi. certainly got the style mate.

Chrisi - I have no doubt Weiss will be a top player. Potentially as good as Ladyboy IMO. There will be times when he could be used in the coming season I just don't think he is at the stage yet where we should even think he is ready to play instead of SWP. (admittedly I'm pretty blinkered when it comes to Shauny).

Weiss will benefit by training with the quality we have, but not ready for the big time. Not close to SWP right now

other than his excellent stepovers I've yet to see him do anything.No vision or delivery so far.

Too early to be pushed.I'm excited but not impressed yet.

Swp is crap at the moment.I dont know whether he is carrying an injury ,lost confidence or been ruined by Mourinho.No way is he player that left City a few yeaes back.

Hopefully its a temporary thing ; certainly since hes been back there have been flashes of his old self.Pre-season though his form seems to have gone downhill fast.

Thaksinssoldier said:
other than his excellent stepovers I've yet to see him do anything.No vision or delivery so far.

He picked out a 50 yrd pass to Petrov against Rangers that was excellent, that requires vision, which he certainly has. He will be a great player but needs a few years to develop more.

Im enjoying watching him play, the lad has no fear, but I fear the second he gets knocked flat on his arse by someone like Ryan Shawcross he'll not get back up.

ElanJo said:
Shauny seems to have lost confidence in his ability to take players on. Before he left for Chelsea he would tear fullbacks to pieces.
He's probably our most marked player when on the pitch though. Very rarely this season has Stevie been closed down, and Robinho has the class to get around 2 to 3 players and teams know it, so they dont waste their time. SWP takes it on the chin and gets back up and it knocks his game off. As I said above I hope this is not the case with Weiss

Thaksinssoldier said:

Totally agree, he is very exciting but the end product is still not there.

I think it could be very frustrating to watch him as he seems to have only one thing on his mind and that is to take on defenders, and if he is used any more than a supersub we may see him keep losing the ball over and over again. A bit like Ronaldo in his first couple of seasons.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.