Will you renew?

Interesting thread and a good range of responses. It's a personal choice and everyone seems to be respectful of what other people have decided.

I've had a season ticket for 27 years. It has been a huge part of my life for so long. It has brought me joy, despair, friends and memories. I wouldn't swap those 27 years for anything else in the football world. That said, I came to the decision last November that I would not be renewing my season ticket. I cannot tolerate VAR. It has ruined the experience and holds match-going fans in utter contempt by not showing us why decisions are made. What VAR has also done is brought other annoying things into sharper focus - kick-off times, diving, ticket prices, pre-match handshakes, clichéd interviews, patronising "match day experience" (I hate every second I spend in the ground other than when the game is on), etc. All of these things were mildly irritating but the essence of the game and the sensation of the ball hitting the back of the net was the same as it had always been. Along came VAR and now that has gone. Plus I am out of contract with work at the end of September. So with a sad and heavy heart I will not be renewing.

Last edited:
Indeed. Only been an exile 8 years, moving down south June 2012, so not the time to give it up after all the hard yards.

M6 is an absolute pain, especially on a Friday as you know. Fixtures getting moved all the time is now an added problem.

M602, M62, M6, M42, M40 and M25.. every one of them an absolute disaster..

Used to drive both ways without stopping.. When I say without stopping btw I mean at the services as both ways were one long stop, start journey..

Credit to you for having a season card and attending games..

Think I'm renewing though as sat in the seat next to me is a rather attractive woman ..

I'd miss the jumping up and down and the hugging when we score..!

... and we do score an awful lot of goals at home..!

Ha..!

city do themselves little favours when they push the prices up over what inflation is. I might look into the hard data of pricing changes in certain seats. They know they can squeeze more as the gaps will be filled by deep pocketed day trippers. That is why the exchange has worked so well. I usually sell my spare ticket and encounter some characters beside me...

I think you’re around my age of late 20s? Maybe younger but It can difficult to justify it when family jobs and other costs (mortgages etc) control life at this age. Plus we have every game live now from our living rooms.
Every time we’ve had price hikes it’s like the club stick two fingers up at us for years of loyal support. Every year it puts me on a downer!

Since we won the league in 2012 our season cards have gone up between 3.5-12.5% each season (apart from one year of a freeze). The cost of living wages increases for civil/public servants was 1% for five of those years and inflation hasn’t been above 2.1% at all since 2012. I don’t understand where their justification comes from for the level of price rises.

city do themselves little favours when they push the prices up over what inflation is. I might look into the hard data of pricing changes in certain seats. They know they can squeeze more as the gaps will be filled by deep pocketed day trippers. That is why the exchange has worked so well. I usually sell my spare ticket and encounter some characters beside me...

I think you’re around my age of late 20s? Maybe younger but It can difficult to justify it when family jobs and other costs (mortgages etc) control life at this age. Plus we have every game live now from our living rooms.

I’m a bit younger mate. I agree. It’s very difficult to justify going anymore. Premier league games in particular are completely unaffordable. You can see that at the match. Barely any people aged 21-35 in the ground, but for cheaper games there’s lots. Mainly lots of retired people with income.

Lots of my mates have actually lost their jobs/ worried about losing them (including me). I’m also trying to save up for my first house, it becomes impossible to justify it.

If it was more affordable I’d go to every game

After everything that’s happened it makes it even more imperative that we get back home. As long as we can get back in the stadium, fuck Sky/BT.

Will definitely be renewing. When we’ll actually be allowed back is another matter though!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.