Will you renew?

As things stand I can afford it so yes.

But, I'm not sure I want to go back until it can be done the way it could pre virus, and at the moment it doesn't feel like this could happen any time soon. There's travelling there and back on public transport, pre match meet up and pint, how things will actually be in and around the ground, and how long it will actually be before all those things can happen without any mither to consider.

My heart says yes but I'll have to see.

Still unsure what my plans are for next season with regards my season ticket.

On a personal level struggling with the 500 mile round trip and the last couple of months have shined a light on how financially not going to the match makes a real difference.

As for the football the money side of the game leaves me a bit cold and VAR has killed a lot of the emotion for me and it makes nonsensical decisions even more infuriating.

On the flip side of the coin watching City is something I have done all my life, would see close friends much less, as well as an excuse to see family. The answer - I don't know.

Bloody 'ell Frank, that's some commute..

Where abouts do you live if you don't mind me asking..!

After many years of investment in mind and hart, I could never stop going. The only time I will stop is when my time is up, CTID.

Bloody 'ell Frank, that's some commute..

Where abouts do you live if you don't mind me asking..!

Deepest darkest Dorset. I suppose it has not helped that my last two trips, West Ham, got cancelled due to weather??? and then I took 4 days off for Burnley and Real Madrid which got cancelled at the outset of the pandemic.

Games getting moved to Sunday are a killer also. 4:30 kick offs and I will be lucky to get home for 12:30.

Deepest darkest Dorset. I suppose it has not helped that my last two trips, West Ham, got cancelled due to weather??? and then I took 4 days off for Burnley and Real Madrid which got cancelled at the outset of the pandemic.

Games getting moved to Sunday are a killer also. 4:30 kick offs and I will be lucky to get home for 12:30.

Fair play to you mate.. I worked in London for 12 months, used to drive down early Monday morning and drive home late on a Friday..

208 miles from my drive to the office, what a drag..!

A least you're watching some decent stuff thses days, tonight being a bit of an exception at the moment..!

I’ve um’d and ah’d about it since the lockdown started and I didn’t miss it in the 100 days it was off.

The sport is not the same with VAR. I’ve not celebrated a goal properly since Gundogan scored that free kick against Brighton last season. The game is ruined forever with the moment of pure elation when the ball hits the net being taken away from us.

It really is not football anymore.

But I think my love for City and the enjoyment of going to the game with the lads and going in the piss before and after games, will see me renew.

If they said VAR was going to be scrapped, I’d walk down with the money tomorrow to renew.

Not a chance. The game is unrecognisable. Plus City banned me for selling a match ticket. 6 games. 50 years I've followed them, still do with a passion, but this version of the game is not for me. If VAR goes, yes. Not enjoying things at all.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.