William Carvalho

This is probably the most useful video of him, as a lot are often weirdly edited to make players look like different types of players. This is essentially everything he did in the game against Porto early in the season, the game which made people really take notice of him. It shows quite nicely the sort of player he is along with what he's capable of

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1CI_li34iio[/youtube]

BigOscar said:
This is probably the most useful video of him, as a lot are often weirdly edited to make players look like different types of players. This is essentially everything he did in the game against Porto early in the season, the game which made people really take notice of him. It shows quite nicely the sort of player he is along with what he's capable of

Is he a defensive midfielder or a box I box player??

The most natural replacement I have seen for Yaya so far would be Pogba with him being a very good attacking threat from deep, what does this guy offer?

Who would you choose?

He looks very defensive minded, a good defensive mid but is he capable of pushing on to centre mid or attacking mid like yaya? I don't watch a lot of Portuguese football so have never seen him play but from the videos on here he looks like a great ballwinner

He's more a defensive midfielder than a box to box player. You could play him as a box to box, but he'd be a defensive minded one as opposed to Pogba's attaack minded one. I don't think he's a direct Yaya replacement, but he would replace his physicality in the middle, so you could pair him with a less physcial player like Fernandinho and let Fern attack, while still having that power in the middle (if that makes sense?) As I don't really think we'll ever be able to find a like for like replacement for Yaya, he's pretty unique

Now him AND Pogba together? That would be just unfair ;)

BigOscar said:
He's more a defensive midfielder than a box to box player. You could play him as a box to box, but he'd be a defensive minded one as opposed to Pogba's attaack minded one. I don't think he's a direct Yaya replacement, but he would replace his physicality in the middle, so you could pair him with a less physcial player like Fernandinho and let Fern attack, while still having that power in the middle (if that makes sense?) As I don't really think we'll ever be able to find a like for like replacement for Yaya, he's pretty unique

Now him AND Pogba together? That would be just unfair ;)
Would also be to open we have to get the right balance especially away from home in prem.

BigOscar said:

Tbh he seems as slow as Javi Garcia, just with a much better football brain and passing etc.

His highlights of the game at the weekend against Porto have just been put up as well, where he spent a lot of the game bouncing off challenges in a slightly Yaya-esque manner. I think the attacking side ofhis game has a lot of room for improvement, especially his ball carrying. He has the ability, pace and power to run with the ball and shrug people off, but he seems a bit hesitant to do it

[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RwdGuQab8ec[/youtube]

United are apparently determined to sign him at any cost and he has been their main midfield target for a while now, so it'd be doubly great if we did sign him.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.