William Carvalho

On a serious note, does Fernando really still have two years left on his contract?! If so that'd mean we either gave him a five year deal initially or have subsequently extended his contract, both of which would be inexplicable decisions, even by Begiristain's standards.

I remember from Khaldoon's post-season video feeling really optimistic about finally signing absolutely top class players this summer, showing real ambition after a disappointing season. But this guy isn't one of them. It's all gone rather flat in terms of transfer excitement.

On a serious note, does Fernando really still have two years left on his contract?! If so that'd mean we either gave him a five year deal initially or have subsequently extended his contract, both of which would be inexplicable decisions, even by Begiristain's standards.

4 or 5 year deals are standard, aren't they?

As it turns out buying him in the first place was a big mistake but we were sold 'the octopus' so giving him a five year deal didn't raise eyebrows at the time

When we signed Fernando we were really strapped for costs under FFP I suspect amortising his transfer fee over five years rather than less will have helped a bit.

When we signed Fernando we were really strapped for costs under FFP I suspect amortising his transfer fee over five years rather than less will have helped a bit.

Ah, that would make sense.

Would be upgrade over Fernando but not sure this is the type of signing that helps us knock Real, Bayern off the top spots in Europe...

City Watch‏Verified account @City_Watch 7s7 seconds ago
Manchester City are discussing a €30m deal for Sporting midfielder William Carvalho (25) that could see Fernando go the other way. [A Bola]

DEhaFVlW0AAQ0sw.jpg

0 replies0 retweets0 likes

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.