William Carvalho

Would be upgrade over Fernando but not sure this is the type of signing that helps us knock Real, Bayern off the top spots in Europe...

City Watch‏Verified account @City_Watch 7s7 seconds ago
Manchester City are discussing a €30m deal for Sporting midfielder William Carvalho (25) that could see Fernando go the other way. [A Bola]

DEhaFVlW0AAQ0sw.jpg

0 replies0 retweets0 likes
Carvalho is upgrade on Fernando but thats not saying much... not convinced by Carvalho at all

Would be upgrade over Fernando but not sure this is the type of signing that helps us knock Real, Bayern off the top spots in Europe...

City Watch‏Verified account @City_Watch 7s7 seconds ago
Manchester City are discussing a €30m deal for Sporting midfielder William Carvalho (25) that could see Fernando go the other way. [A Bola]

DEhaFVlW0AAQ0sw.jpg

0 replies0 retweets0 likes

I'd prefer if we paid that for them to take Fernando and stop any further links to Carvalho

Has anyone else claimed we're interested apart from that paper that sounds like a virus? I keep seeing this link from them but it seems that nobody else is running with it.

This would be very underwhelming if true. It also leaves us with 1 less foreign space as most people had assumed Fernando wasn't included in Peps plans. meaning either somebody we didn't expect is being sold or we're not bringing in somebody in a position we all expected.

This would be very underwhelming if true. It also leaves us with 1 less foreign space as most people had assumed Fernando wasn't included in Peps plans. meaning either somebody we didn't expect is being sold or we're not bringing in somebody in a position we all expected.
Well we have one more free now that Alves is not going to happen, so maybe that triggered an offer to Carvalho.

Wouldn't be my first choice but sure he could do a job in some games looked OK in confed cup and might just free up diniho for back up right back role? Even if I don't believe the source.

I don't know what to expect from this, there's a lot of other Premier League competition but I could see us being his first choice, he's old enough to come in and understand what Pep wants but young enough still to develop further, let's not forget he started every game for Portugal at the last euros and has UCL experience, at below 30 million pounds, he's also relatively cheap, must admit though that whilst he's an upgrade and what we need, would prefer Fabinho for his versatility.

Well we have one more free now that Alves is not going to happen, so maybe that triggered an offer to Carvalho.

Unless we don't intend on buying a right back we don't. There's currently 14 spaces taken by first teamers, fringe players like Fernando all the ones coming back from loan not included leaving a space for Sanchez/alternative 1 foreign left back and 1 foreign right back.

Wouldn't be my first choice but sure he could do a job in some games looked OK in confed cup and might just free up diniho for back up right back role? Even if I don't believe the source.

That's the only way he could possibly fit into our squad quota wise which scares me. Fernandinho is a better midfielder than him for a start and Fernandinho, as much as i love him is a terrible right back. Emergency cover, fine but never a legitimate option. If that's our alternative to Alves, it's very short sighted and worrying.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.