Willian

Status
Not open for further replies.
Don't know much about the guy, but as the saying goes don't look a gift horse in the mouth

TonyM said:
Lots of people pointed out over the past couple of years that we needed width to give us a Plan B for when the tippytappy game wasn't working.

Forgetting that Navas probably is now Plan A...The long sought after "Plan B" depends on Navas alone. Milner has been great in preseason but what if Navas is out for a few games?

Maybe we may need another winger - just to cover for Navas. Doesn't matter if they are LW or RW cos we'll never play with both.

Why not?

I thought the club denied interest in Willian? Anzhi may claim that they received and rejected a bid, but that would be standard opportunism to draw out other bidders, no?

The Fat el Hombre said:
TonyM said:
Lots of people pointed out over the past couple of years that we needed width to give us a Plan B for when the tippytappy game wasn't working.

Forgetting that Navas probably is now Plan A...The long sought after "Plan B" depends on Navas alone. Milner has been great in preseason but what if Navas is out for a few games?

Maybe we may need another winger - just to cover for Navas. Doesn't matter if they are LW or RW cos we'll never play with both.

Why not?
I just don't see teams like ours playing the traditional 442 with 2 wingers. It's history.

TonyM said:
The Fat el Hombre said:
TonyM said:

Why not?
I just don't see teams like ours playing the traditional 442 with 2 wingers. It's history.
Or we could do something like this...
----------Dzeko-----------
Willian--Silva--Navas

With Jovetic and Nasri and Milner rotating with the "3" and Negredo/Aguero rotating with Dzeko (Aguero can play as second striker too). However I don't see us getting Willian so this is a nonstarter really.

TonyM said:
The Fat el Hombre said:
TonyM said:

Why not?
Why does it have to be 4-4-2?
Dortmund, Bayern, Real Madrid, United, Juventus and Barca all often play with 2 wingers

Ducado said:
Why are people still discussing this when the club have denied any link?
I suppose its because we all badly want the club to go for him which would hopefully mean that Sinclair will move on and kick start his career elsewhere.

Coentrao for Kolorov and Pepe to replace Kolo Toure would be a perfect end to a dream window for me.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.