Willy Caballero (signing confirmed, page 64)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Willy Caballero

ColinLee said:
Kun Aguero said:
Signing him would give us 18 non home-grown blokes(19 if you include Nastasic)

Who going away from City?
1. Zabaleta
2. Kompany
3. Demichelis
4. Kolarov
5. Fernandinho
6. Jovetic
7. Yaya
8. Navas
9. Nasri
10. Silva
11. Aguero
12. Dzeko
13. Negredo
14. Fernando
15. Sagna
16. Garcia

17. Mangala/Benatia
18. Willy Cabellero

Only 17 allowed in the PL and just 16 in the CL for this season coming.
Seems like someone (at least one) out of that lot is history. Who's your money on...

Going off that list col, l would say Garcia, buts thats just my opinion

alanblue said:
ColinLee said:
Kun Aguero said:
Signing him would give us 18 non home-grown blokes(19 if you include Nastasic)

Who going away from City?
1. Zabaleta
2. Kompany
3. Demichelis
4. Kolarov
5. Fernandinho
6. Jovetic
7. Yaya
8. Navas
9. Nasri
10. Silva
11. Aguero
12. Dzeko
13. Negredo
14. Fernando
15. Sagna
16. Garcia

17. Mangala/Benatia
18. Willy Cabellero

Only 17 allowed in the PL and just 16 in the CL for this season coming.
Seems like someone (at least one) out of that lot is history. Who's your money on...

Going off that list col, l would say Garcia, buts thats just my opinion

Garcia linked with Wolfsburg on twitter ....

Caballero to fly in to seal Manchester City move

<a class="postlink" href="http://www.goal.com/en-gb/news/2892/transfer-zone/2014/07/06/4940229/caballero-to-fly-in-to-seal-manchester-city-move?CMPID=TWUK_140706_ManCityCaballero" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.goal.com/en-gb/news/2892/tra ... yCaballero</a>

6 Jul 2014 12:30:00
The Malaga goalkeeper is set to complete a £6.5 million switch to the Premier League champions and will undergo a medical in the next 24 hours, signing a three-year deal

By Paul Clennam

Manchester City are on the verge of completing the signing of Malaga goalkeeper Willy Caballero, Goal understands.

The Argentine will fly into Manchester in the next 24 hours, having cut short his post-season holiday, to undergo a medical and is expected to sign a three-year deal with the Premier League champions.

Goal understands that City have already agreed a £6.5 million fee with Malaga for the shot-stopper, who has made over 100 Primera Division appearances for the Spanish side since signing from Elche back in 2011.

Hart was again called into question for his performances with England at the World Cup, while he was dropped by City boss Manuel Pellegrini during the 2013-14 campaign after a series of high-profile errors.

Caballero, who worked with Pellegrini during his time in charge of Malaga, has developed a reputation as one of the leading goalkeepers in Spain's top flight and was previously linked with Barcelona before the Catalans signed Claudio Bravo from Real Sociedad.

City have already been active in the summer transfer window, with Bacary Sagna having arrived on a free transfer from Arsenal, while defensive midfielder Fernando has also signed and Bruno Zuculini is set to be officially confirmed within the coming days.

Convincing Yaya Toure to stay is set to be Pellegrini's main objective, however, with the Ivorian set for crunch talks with the club over his future after he suggested that City did not allow him leave to visit his dying brother in hospital.

Bottomless_Sailor said:
Greg Dyke & Friends are going to have a field day.

"Dropping England's number one for an uncapped non-EU foreigner is unacceptable."

Hi BS,did you forget to reply to my PM or are you just ignoring it,cheers.

FantasyIreland said:
Bottomless_Sailor said:

"Dropping England's number one for an uncapped non-EU foreigner is unacceptable."

152c13t.gif

Fucking stupid transfer in my opinion.

We need home grown players, so we should have signed a young English GK.

FantasyIreland said:
Bottomless_Sailor said:

Sorry I'm in France atm and hadn't noticed your message, replied now.

Ban-jani said:

What young English keeper is good enough to challenge Hart for a starting place?

city91 said:
Ban-jani said:

What young English keeper is good enough to challenge Hart for a starting place?

No idea of the top of my head.....but an ageing,non international (whos country have no decent keepers) who has spent the best part of his career in the Spanish second division will i guess??
All this time in Spain and no top side have gone near him.......if he was even half decent,Atletico Madrid would be snapping him up for the alledged (Bargain LOL) £7m to replace Courtois......but haven't shown the slightest interest,wonder why?
Would only get a game for us through favourtism from Pellegrini.......complete waste of a chunk of £49m.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.