Wilshere: 'England for the English'

oakiecokie said:
johnmc said:
So if you were born in say Timbuktu to one English parent and one from Ghana, never set foot in England ever, don't speak it, don't know anything about it, that makes you English or at least eligible for the english sporting teams because of your parent. However you move here from say Ethiopia because of politics when your 14, learn the language, get a job, pay taxes, marry an English woman and consider England home, you are considered less English than the first dude.

No chance.

And if you own an Irish Wolfhound you can play for ... ask Vinnie Jones how the fuck did he get to play for Wales ?

I think it's what you consider yourself to be. Not that you can just say you want to play for brazil. But this born in England argument, or a parent or grandparent was born in England isn't enough.

oakiecokie said:
And if you own an Irish Wolfhound you can play for ... ask Vinnie Jones how the fuck did he get to play for Wales ?

He once had a shit at Magor services on the M4. I believe he also used the filling station to buy some petrol, a Ginsters pasty and a bottle of Fanta too.
Over qualified if you asked me.

johnny on the spot said:
CTID1988 said:
Bit of a sensationalist thread title, are you trying to imply he is being racist?
He is right, to play for the England national team you should be English...its a no brainer

I'm not calling him racist, it's just how the BBC are reporting it.

Za3ob6V.png
Love the picture they've selected. "I'm white! look I'm touching my white skin with a slightly gormless expression on my face" Good ol' BBC.

Whiter than white they are.

deveney said:
Personally i believe if ur not born in england or if at least 1 parent is born in england then u shudnt be playing for england. If that means not winning out yhen so be it. I said it wen sven was put in charge. If we csnt win out wiv an english manager then so be it. Applying a foreign manager in my eyes id outright cheating. I really yhink if it meant we dint win the adhes or if it meant no mo farer then again so be it. Real english born or enhlish parent people should be given the chance. Wat jack wilshire said is of no way racist. Its jus wat should br applied. Otherwise having our own national team is pointless. Fotget amir kahn n forget kev piererson n forget mo farer. They shudnt be representing england but their own birth country.

-- Wed Oct 09, 2013 7:52 pm --

Pardon my english writing, im on an iphone lol.
Amir Khan - born Bolton, England
Kevin Pietersen - Mother born in England
Mo Farah - Father born in England

oakiecokie said:
johnmc said:
So if you were born in say Timbuktu to one English parent and one from Ghana, never set foot in England ever, don't speak it, don't know anything about it, that makes you English or at least eligible for the english sporting teams because of your parent. However you move here from say Ethiopia because of politics when your 14, learn the language, get a job, pay taxes, marry an English woman and consider England home, you are considered less English than the first dude.

No chance.

Watched a program on "Great World Cup Moments" and they had Aldridge going crazy in the 94 World Cup. The guy said "what was the criteria to play for Ireland at the time, have you wore green before, right your in"

Its been pointed out before but from about 1974 to present day England have generally been pretty crap. However they were crap in the days where we hardly had any foreign players in the league so its all too easy to put the blame there. If anything if you listen to the English young internationals they actually say they learn off the top stars in the squads.

Then there is the FFP. How can teams, especially mid table teams in the PL take a chance on a young English player when after playing just one season of Championship football, his club puts a 8-15 million price tag on him. With the FFP a team can spend a lot less abroad on more established players.

There was a time not too long ago where we had 6 players in the first team for England. Now the rags are in favour but lets not kid ourselves, most of their current England internationals have been purchased as a high cost, anyone could do that and half of them would not be in the squad if they played for someone else (or in some cases like Smalling, actually played 1st team anywhere).

The future is in coaching. For too long its all been about a players size at youth level and not about technique. That has to change but you have dinosaurs running the game from the top including many in senior positions who have never even played the game.

I mean seriously, how can we improve when overnight it was announced that Greg Dyke has added Danny Mills and ex-Leeds boss Howard Wilkinson to join Glenn Hoddle on the Football Association commission to assess improvements to English football. Danny Mills and Howard Wilkinson FFS, you may as well appoint Fred West to assess improvements to patio's. As long as we get these pathetic appointments by people with no knowledge of the game nothing will change but of course lets all blame the foreign players.

Without the foreign players over the years who have made the PL the prized asset for TV companies over the years, there would be little interest and there certainly would not be the riches for clubs as there are now (some would say that would be good but that's for another day and thread)

Whats most shocking if you will about this is that a kid who scored one good goal against a managerless bottom of the elague sunderland team, the other goal i would expect anyone to score can raise such debate. Are england as a team that despearate that a 2 bit youth team player who has done nothing of any note yet should be considered for a call up and raise such debate, its quite laughable that players such as zaha, sterling and januzaj despite not playing regularly or achieving anything of note should be considered as first choices for the england team while players who dont play for one of the 'big four' dont get a look in despite playing more consistently and better than these press darlings.

I mean for god sake we arent talking about getting messi or ronaldo to play for england here we are talking about a kid who will prob be playing championship football in a couple of years time, as good as his goal was ive seen danny mills hit a 30 yard screamer so anyone can get lucky when he has a run of 15 - 20 consistently good games lets see where he is then.

I didn't know Karl Jenkinson had played for Finland, yet he's making his debut for the U21s tonight.

Eh?

2008 England U17 1 (0)
2010 Finland U19 3 (1)
2011 Finland U21 1 (0)
2013– England U21 0 (0)
2012– England 1 (0)

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.