Wilshere: 'England for the English'

Sos about the sportsmen listed if they do hav english born parents. I dnt really kno alot about these people n was jus trying to find examples.
AFC16 i totally agree wiv u. Wat u say is spot on. In the end weather u bin here 2 years or 30 years, if u wernt born here or one of ur parents wernt then im sorry but u shudnt qualify to play for england. Its simple knowledge.

-- Wed Oct 09, 2013 9:33 pm --

Afc16, jus read ur post thru proper n im glad to see someone on the same wave length as myself. I couldnt hav put it any better than ur post. 100% agree. Ur right its like not being able to choose ur family. Also agree, many of the people bein named are great people likr mo farer but he just isnt english n people need to realise this. I feel like we hav stolen another national n wonder wat the people from his real country think about us taking yhe credit. I suppose we may hav trained him and got him to the position were he is today but he still aint english is he.

johnny on the spot said:
CTID1988 said:
Bit of a sensationalist thread title, are you trying to imply he is being racist?
He is right, to play for the England national team you should be English...its a no brainer

I'm not calling him racist, it's just how the BBC are reporting it.

Za3ob6V.png

Wilshere new EDS leader!!??<br /><br />-- Wed Oct 09, 2013 9:35 pm --<br /><br />
MadchesterCity said:
johnny on the spot said:
CTID1988 said:
Bit of a sensationalist thread title, are you trying to imply he is being racist?
He is right, to play for the England national team you should be English...its a no brainer

I'm not calling him racist, it's just how the BBC are reporting it.

Za3ob6V.png

Wilshere new EDS leader!!??

or even EDL

mad4city said:
Carver said:
Tony Cascarino for ROI: His mother was an Irish citizen, adopted by his Irish grandparents. He only found out that she was adopted 11 years after his Irish debut and he was still played for the national side until 1999. (He really was ineligible as he was not a blood relative).

Yeah, cos adoptive parents don't count as they're not really parents, are they?
WTF? Is that really FIFA's rule - or was it an opportunistic stunt to sell his autobiography?

A bit of both m4c and I agree with your sentiment. FIFA rules say Grandparents or 'Biological' parents. (Are non-biological grandparents allowed)? Cascarino did write that 'he was a fraud, a fake Irishman' in his autobiography.

The relevant current FIFA statute from 2008, Article 17: Acquisition of a new nationality, states:

Any Player who ... [assumes] a new nationality and who has not played international football [in a match ... in an official competition of any category or any type of football for one Association] shall be eligible to play for the new representative team only if he fulfils one of the following conditions:
(a) He was born on the territory of the relevant Association;
(b) His biological mother or biological father was born on the territory of the relevant Association;
(c) His grandmother or grandfather was born on the territory of the relevant Association;
(d) He has lived continuously for at least five years after reaching the age of 18 on the territory of the relevant Association.

KP questions Wilshere view

Cricketer Kevin Pietersen and footballer Jack Wilshere have become embroiled in a Twitter debate after the latter expressed controversial views on qualifying to represent England.

Pietersen, 33, has played a key role in England's rise as a cricketing force in the past decade despite being born in South Africa - and he took umbrage at Wilshere's assertion that only those born in England should be eligible to represent the country.

Pietersen tweeted the England midfielder: "@JackWilshere -interested to know how you define foreigner...? Would that include me, Strauss, Trott, Prior, Justin Rose, Froome, Mo Farah?'"

Wilshere responded with: "@KP24 With all due respect Mr Pietersen the question was about Football! Cricket, cycling, Athletics is not my field!"

The exchange did not end there, with Pietersen swiftly retorting: "@JackWilshere same difference.. It's about representing your country! IN ANY SPORT!"

Wilshere later tried to diffuse the row by saying on Twitter: "To be clear, never said 'born in England' - I said English people should play for England.

"Great respect for people like KP (Kevin Pietersen), Mo Farah and Wilf Zaha - they make the country proud.

"My view on football - going to a new country when ur an adult, & because u can get a passport u play 4 that national team - I disagree.

"Just saying my opinion, everyone is entitled to theirs. Can't wait for Friday

night..."

Wilshere's original statement came in the wake of Adnan Januzaj's superb individual performance for Manchester United at Sunderland sparking a hot debate over which country he would choose to represent.

And so it continues.

conormcfc said:

That meme is nothing like what Wilshere is talking about, or Januzaj potentially playing for England in 2018 through residency. The only one that compares is Cacau.

So if you were born in say Timbuktu to one English parent and one from Ghana, never set foot in England ever, don't speak it, don't know anything about it, that makes you English or at least eligible for the english sporting teams because of your parent. However you move here from say Ethiopia because of politics when your 14, learn the language, get a job, pay taxes, marry an English woman and consider England home, you are considered less English than the first dude.

No chance.

johnmc said:
So if you were born in say Timbuktu to one English parent and one from Ghana, never set foot in England ever, don't speak it, don't know anything about it, that makes you English or at least eligible for the english sporting teams because of your parent. However you move here from say Ethiopia because of politics when your 14, learn the language, get a job, pay taxes, marry an English woman and consider England home, you are considered less English than the first dude.

No chance.

And if you own an Irish Wolfhound you can play for ... ask Vinnie Jones how the fuck did he get to play for Wales ?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.