Wimbledon 2024

Djokovic had a chance to break Alcaraz but went from 40-30 to Alcaraz saving.

Just not looking quite right thus far, despite being presumably much fresher than the Spaniard given the semifinal walkover.

Djokovic had a chance to break Alcaraz but went from 40-30 to Alcaraz saving.

Just not looking quite right thus far, despite being presumably much fresher than the Spaniard given the semifinal walkover.
I'll ask the obvious question - who has Djokovic defeated of note to get to the finals? Other than #15 Rune, I'd argue no one of significance. No one in the top 10.

Meanwhile, seeds 1 Sinner, 3 Alcaraz, and 5 Medvedev were all (incorrectly) seeded on the same side of the bracket, and Alcaraz has defeated 4 ranked players on his way to the final. Alcaraz was down 2-1 to #29 Tiafoe and had to battle back there.

I'm not blaming Djokovic for the seeding, as that is on Wimbledon and it looked too loaded on the 1/3/5 side from the start. Some of it was bad luck with #4 Zverev and #13 Fritz losing prior to playing him, but how much has the easier path set him up for a level he clearly hasn't seen this tournament?

I'll ask the obvious question - who has Djokovic defeated of note to get to the finals? Other than #15 Rune, I'd argue no one of significance. No one in the top 10.

Meanwhile, seeds 1 Sinner, 3 Alcaraz, and 5 Medvedev were all (incorrectly) seeded on the same side of the bracket, and Alcaraz has defeated 4 ranked players on his way to the final. Alcaraz was down 2-1 to #29 Tiafoe and had to battle back there.

I'm not blaming Djokovic for the seeding, as that is on Wimbledon and it looked too loaded on the 1/3/5 side from the start. Some of it was bad luck with #4 Zverev and #13 Fritz losing prior to playing him, but how much has the easier path set him up for a level he clearly hasn't seen this tournament?
I think these are valid points.

Watching this now, even beyond Djokovic’s ‘England in the Euros’ run to the final, I reckon Alcaraz playing the semifinal (and Djokovic not playing his) actually advantaged the Spaniard. He is still in rhythm and Djokovic looks completely out of his.

Ok, I am finally ready to make a prediction:

finished-breaking-bad.gif

Kind of interesting/funny how the wheelchair men’s final was played between a Spaniard and a Brit, the men’s final between a Spaniard and a Serbian and the Football final between a Spanish team and an English team!! Let’s hope that if it is one win for Spain it’s not the football!! ;-) :-)

Although I am with @BringBackSwales about the way the Wimbledon crowd has treated Djokovic!!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.