Wimbledon 2024

Astonishing performance by Alcaraz.

Watched if with my daughter just as I used to watch Wimbledon with my mum as a kid.
One of the few constants I have.

He's only going to get better this guy. I didn't actually think he was playing that ambitiously (3rd gear for much of Wimbledon) but he really cranked it up today (and yes, he seems like a genuinely nice kid).

Some of those shots were incredible. Bullets to a butterfly drop shot within seconds.

Astonishing performance by Alcaraz.

Watched if with my daughter just as I used to watch Wimbledon with my mum as a kid.
One of the few constants I have.

He's only going to get better this guy. I didn't actually think he was playing that ambitiously (3rd gear for much of Wimbledon) but he really cranked it up today (and yes, he seems like a genuinely nice kid).

Some of those shots were incredible. Bullets to a butterfly drop shot within seconds.
A few years at the top will knock that unfortunate trait out of him.

;-)

Nadal also seemed like a decent bloke. Is it a Spanish thing? Rodri, Merlin?

Alcaraz was quite brilliant, changing of the guard, out with the old & in with the new.

Alcaraz was quite brilliant, changing of the guard, out with the old & in with the new.
Djokovic is the last of the old guard but remember he had knee surgery just 5 weeks ago, so he may not be ready to shuffle off just yet.
Alcaraz plays a game with which I am not entirely familiar. That shot selection, wow!

Djokovic is the last of the old guard but remember he had knee surgery just 5 weeks ago, so he may not be ready to shuffle off just yet.
He is definitely to be commended for the run he had just 5 weeks post-surgery.

I'll also note he is not quite yet the last of the old guard still playing, as we'll see starting later this month in Paris.

He is definitely to be commended for the run he had just 5 weeks post-surgery.

I'll also note he is not quite yet the last of the old guard still playing, as we'll see starting later this month in Paris.

And in the case of the Spanish, the old and the new guard will be teaming up too! Will be fascinating to see how they go.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.