Wimbledon 2024

Find myself idly wondering when Djokovic was last beaten in the final of any Grand Slam in straight sets. In fact, I wonder if it's ever happened. Seems unlikely.
It happened once before in 2013 at Wimbledon vs. Andy Murray. Hasn't happened since until today.

2013 Wimbledon finals Murray over Djokovic 6–4, 7–5, 6–4

Novak is a class act, he is one of the best ever and after defeat is humble, credit where credit is due.
I am not a fan of his either, but I too am impressed in how he has acted in defeat. He's been on the winning side enough to know it goes both ways, especially as age is now more a factor the past 2 years.

We really have had a great run of champions in Federer, Nadal, and Djokovic. Even Murray too, even though he didn't win as many as the Big Three.

I also think men's tennis is in great hands with the next generation with Alcaraz, Sinner, and even Medvedev with Slams to their name. Hopefully maybe even a US player will join the mix of Slam winners sometime soon as well. But make no mistake, as we saw last year, the torch is being passed to the younger players.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.