Wimbledon 2024

Raducanu was excellent today. Her serve and return of serve both went up a notch from the erratic performance of two days ago. She found some great angles on her ground strokes. You could see the confidence growing with each game as she smiled throughout. Still some way to go but there were glimpses of her best form.
Sonay Kartal was the first British woman to win today and will play Gauf in the next round.

The aggression is the Key, She played on the front foot and attacked at will, Controlled Anger will win her Wimbledon because she has the talent and skill

The aggression is the Key, She played on the front foot and attacked at will, Controlled Anger will win her Wimbledon because she has the talent and skill
She certainly played on the front foot. Give her a year and we will see, demons permitting.

I think Sinner is the man to beat this year. Despite being beaten by Alcaraz in the French open semis, he has been superb all year and has the game for Wimbledon. Not that Alcaraz doesn't, of course - he is the defending champion after all, but I just fancy Sinner to win this year.

Look at all those empty green seats. If they were blue and it was Manchester then it looks like City.

and yet there was thousands and thousands milling around outside the small courts just trying to get a glimpse of any match.
Huge queues for £12 pimms, huge queues to go for a piss.

Normally they have resale tickets for centre court and number 1, you queue for them of course.

This year they made everyone download an app (which was a pain with signal issues) then they said it will ping you when they have your resale ticket. that never happened.

whole thing is a shambles and they let in way too many people.

@BlueHammer85 That explains much. Whilst I’d like to go to tennis one day, I’ll choose a smaller event closer to me rather than the circus Wimbledon attracts.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.