Wine

Love red wine, malbec, pinot noir, rioja, nerrello, baralo would be the go tos but choice and value on supermarkets is very good now and usually something decent on offer.
Wine takes me to places that beer doesnt, find it a much mellower drunkenness.

Last edited:
My gf has been in Laithwates wine club for years. She buys a case of a dozen bottles which work out similar to the price of a decent supermarket wine per bottle. Difference is Laithwates source their wines from small independent vineyards that grow organic grapes without adding extra sulphites in winemaking to preserve shelf life as mass produced winemakers do. She says many supermarket give her headaches. I wouldn't know the difference but she does.

Can’t beat a New Zealand Marlborough Sauv Blanc when the weather is nice. I’m just finishing a glass of Oyster Bay as I write, decent enough tipple.

Prefer red wine in the winter.

There is some real snobbery in the wine world.

My rule of thumb is find a red, reduced to £5/£6 which is around 13.5% and see where you go!!

I've discovered that my personal choice is an Argentinian Malbec, or a Cabernet Sauvingnon from Chile or Australia - Warwick Lady from Morrisons is a real favourite of mine.

As a previous poster stated, the drunk feeling on wine far outweighs the drunk feeling from beer.

I love when I'm drinking a decent bottle and two thirds of the way through I get the "everything in the world is alright" kind of mellow feeling!!

My gf has been in Laithwates wine club for years. She buys a case of a dozen bottles which work out similar to the price of a decent supermarket wine per bottle. Difference is Laithwates source their wines from small independent vineyards that grow organic grapes without adding extra sulphites in winemaking to preserve shelf life as mass produced winemakers do. She says many supermarket give her headaches. I wouldn't know the difference but she does.
A friend of mine used to get headaches from wine drinking but you can buy these drops that you can add to the wine and hey presto no headaches, I think the drops deactivate the sulphates, just a heads up about that.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.