Winning the league..like we did ?

citysix said:
not in my lifetime aguerooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo i will look forward to winning the title again..now i never thought i would ever say that the future is ours

I used to say to Rag acquaintances that SOONER or LATER, probably later than sooner, we are going to win a derby, and the later it is the sweeter it'll be. I think the same about the PL. SOONER or LATER we will win the PL again. If it's not next season or the season after, when it comes the sweeter it'll be!

Not many people seem to care they're champions. There's certainly no big hoo-har in the press about it. Even their own fans are like 'yes, and?', because it's been won in a very boring fashion. I think if last season hadn't have happened the way it did, there would be more being made of it but ANY title win for ANY club after that last season will now be 2nd rate, as that will never happen or be bettered again.

It's like there was a party at OT last night, and fair enough so there should be, but that's about it, whereas last season the party seemed nation-wide, with fans of other clubs reveling on our glory, us being plastered on the front pages of the papers, sports channels repeating what we'd done again and again. Not this morning though, it's just very hush hush and very unimportant to those other than anyone linked to united.

Funny really.

Do you know I'm sat here thinking I couldn't give a shit that the rags have the title they will never have the feeling like we had last year ,I would say you have all seen the videos of last season of that blond biint at Sunderland ,I don't feel like she did ,fuck it lets move on onwards and upwards the powers that be will sort it out in the summer,three seasons three trophies (hopefully four) reasons to be cheerful I'd say. (And its my birthday too happy days )

de niro said:
their title is spread weakly over many many plastics, plastics who have never been involved, never been to Manchester let alone a game.
our title was felt right here, right in the heart of mancunian football.

they can never have that.

Superb post.

Last night was the most meek league victory known to man. As if no-one giving a shit about it was enough, they got to win it at Aston Villa.

Mr White said:
Back home where it belongs??

The arrogance of some fans! It appears to be a god given right!

No matter how many times we win it, I never want to hear City fans saying "the title is back where it belongs" or "back home" or any shit like that.

We EARN the right to be champions, it is not a god given right like so many of these cretins seem to think

Pigeonho said:
Not many people seem to care they're champions. There's certainly no big hoo-har in the press about it. Even their own fans are like 'yes, and?', because it's been won in a very boring fashion. I think if last season hadn't have happened the way it did, there would be more being made of it but ANY title win for ANY club after that last season will now be 2nd rate, as that will never happen or be bettered again.

It's like there was a party at OT last night, and fair enough so there should be, but that's about it, whereas last season the party seemed nation-wide, with fans of other clubs reveling on our glory, us being plastered on the front pages of the papers, sports channels repeating what we'd done again and again. Not this morning though, it's just very hush hush and very unimportant to those other than anyone linked to united.

Funny really.

Was gonna be my post word for word!

Outside of Manyoo fans, nobody is really interested, its all a bit dull really...

In terms of response to the inevitable crowing coming my way this morning from the Sky Reds in the office, I have had much fun this season with this (extracted from the Mirror):

The full cost of Sir Alex Ferguson’s sensational capture of Robin van Persie amounts to a massive £70million.

United have already paid ­Arsenal £24m for the Dutch striker – and van Persie’s basic wages of £200,000 a week at Old ­Trafford over four years will be worth £36m.

He will also be paid £10m ­loyalty money, spread over the length of his stay.

But the figures do not take into account any bonuses that the 29-year-old will earn if United enjoy success in any of the three domestic ­competitions – the Premier League, the FA Cup or the Capital One Cup - or in Europe in the Champions League.

Manyoo buying a title?! Surely not...

They had this up:
35-years.jpg

, sang songs like this:
"This is how it feels to be City
This is how t feels to be small
This is how it feels when your team wins nothing at all"

and Ferguson said this:
http://www.independent.co.uk/sport/...y-be-top-dogs-not-in-my-lifetime-1789944.html

However...

We won this:
1.jpg

, we did this:
man-united1-mancity6-scoreboard.jpg

, we also created one of the most dramatic scenes in sporting history when Sergio did this:
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=26Wfs4RG_DM[/youtube]

, we're off back to this great place next month:
article-1169486-00C2F1CE000004B0-866_468x301.jpg

and I really couldn't be happier. Things could easily be oh so different. But now nothing they can do, say or win will ever knock my contentment. I was always proud to be a Blue even at our lowest but now it's like living in dream land and all the shit we've had off them over the years means absolutely nothing.

They can win trophies and titles, and will; and it'll never be nice to see them do it. But knowing we're not them and knowing that we will also be winning trophies and titles ongoing...well, it makes it not only bearable but makes me even hungrier to get that next one ourselves which just makes me all the more excited about the future.

The future's bright, the future's BLUE!

Kris_Musampa said:
Pigeonho said:

Funny really.

Was gonna be my post word for word!

Outside of Manyoo fans, nobody is really interested, its all a bit dull really...

In terms of response to the inevitable crowing coming my way this morning from the Sky Reds in the office, I have had much fun this season with this (extracted from the Mirror):

The full cost of Sir Alex Ferguson’s sensational capture of Robin van Persie amounts to a massive £70million.

United have already paid ­Arsenal £24m for the Dutch striker – and van Persie’s basic wages of £200,000 a week at Old ­Trafford over four years will be worth £36m.

He will also be paid £10m ­loyalty money, spread over the length of his stay.

But the figures do not take into account any bonuses that the 29-year-old will earn if United enjoy success in any of the three domestic ­competitions – the Premier League, the FA Cup or the Capital One Cup - or in Europe in the Champions League.

Manyoo buying a title?! Surely not...

Safe to say the money from Ronaldo is spent lol

Caveman said:
They had this up:
35-years.jpg

, sang songs like this:

and Ferguson said this:
http://www.independent.co.uk/sport/...y-be-top-dogs-not-in-my-lifetime-1789944.html

However...

We won this:
1.jpg

, we did this:

, we also created one of the most dramatic scenes in sporting history when Sergio did this:

and I really couldn't be happier. Things could easily be oh so different. But now nothing they can do, say or win will ever knock my contentment. I was always proud to be a Blue even at our lowest but now it's like living in dream land and all the shit we've had off them over the years means absolutely nothing.

They can win trophies and titles, and will; and it'll never be nice to see them do it. But knowing we're not them and knowing that we will also be winning trophies and titles ongoing...well, it makes it not only bearable but makes me even hungrier to get that next one ourselves which just makes me all the more excited about the future.

Yes. Third best team became champions and must be given the credit for doing so even though it was boring last night. The future is BLUE but we have to watch Chelsea. They were strong in the semi and are the team for us to beat. Good atmosphere at Wembley and at Villa Park for the Charity Shield even makes me wish them well in Europe this year. Just feel contempt for the new champions. Enjoy it while you can RAGS.

Caveman said:
They had this up:
35-years.jpg

, sang songs like this:

and Ferguson said this:

However...

We won this:
1.jpg

, we did this:

That's one cracking post mate!! Well said!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.