Winning the league..like we did ?

woodieMCFC said:
Kris_Musampa said:
Pigeonho said:
Not many people seem to care they're champions. There's certainly no big hoo-har in the press about it. Even their own fans are like 'yes, and?', because it's been won in a very boring fashion. I think if last season hadn't have happened the way it did, there would be more being made of it but ANY title win for ANY club after that last season will now be 2nd rate, as that will never happen or be bettered again.

It's like there was a party at OT last night, and fair enough so there should be, but that's about it, whereas last season the party seemed nation-wide, with fans of other clubs reveling on our glory, us being plastered on the front pages of the papers, sports channels repeating what we'd done again and again. Not this morning though, it's just very hush hush and very unimportant to those other than anyone linked to united.

Funny really.

Was gonna be my post word for word!

Outside of Manyoo fans, nobody is really interested, its all a bit dull really...

In terms of response to the inevitable crowing coming my way this morning from the Sky Reds in the office, I have had much fun this season with this (extracted from the Mirror):

The full cost of Sir Alex Ferguson’s sensational capture of Robin van Persie amounts to a massive £70million.

United have already paid ­Arsenal £24m for the Dutch striker – and van Persie’s basic wages of £200,000 a week at Old ­Trafford over four years will be worth £36m.

He will also be paid £10m ­loyalty money, spread over the length of his stay.

But the figures do not take into account any bonuses that the 29-year-old will earn if United enjoy success in any of the three domestic ­competitions – the Premier League, the FA Cup or the Capital One Cup - or in Europe in the Champions League.

Manyoo buying a title?! Surely not...

Safe to say the money from Ronaldo is spent lol

Get it right.......when United do it, they're not spending for success, they're 'investing' in success haha!

And true about nobody seeming to care about their title win. Seemed like a non-event. And any rags trying to goad us seems more pathetic than usual as it really feels like it's just a blip for us and we'll turn it around. I think they feel that too.

Baconface can't warm that seat forever.

The future's bright, the future's blue.

I'd rather have our one than their twenty because ours meant so much more than they could possibly imagine.

It did make me laugh at how many empty seats there were at the toast rack when We Are The Champions was blasting out! I really hope we don't become that non-plussed after a few years of winning the league.

Also, the celebrations all seemed a little false to me, I wasn't convinced that the players were genuinely ecstatic, certainly not compared to the way we won it last season. Any United player (ie. Evra) who holds up his fingers to indicate '20' is a complete prick, like he was somehow involved in all 20.

20 is history, the future is blue!

Radio this morn came out with 'the biggest story in football this week........Luis Suarez!'

neoblue said:
I'd rather have our one than their twenty because ours meant so much more than they could possibly imagine.

You know we actually have 3, right?

winning the league with the last kick of the game, on goal difference is better, more dramatic and emotional than boring the title being 13 points clear

The rags know it #fact!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.