Wireless Thingy

if you get a wireless dongle and put it in that i suspect it would 1. be worth a go and 2. probably be more reliable than anything time have ever built.

your router is the same as mine and is made by netgear, so if you are going to get an adaptor/dongle thingy get a netgear one as it will work beter with your router. i have a netgear wireless card plugged into my 4 year old laptop and it works brilliantly.

Before you go out and buy what is basically a copy of all the stuff you already have, you have tried changing the channel your router's using haven't you?

There are a few that cause my connection to drop constantly, especially no. 11, which is normally the default.

Televators said:
Before you go out and buy what is basically a copy of all the stuff you already have, you have tried changing the channel your router's using haven't you?

There are a few that cause my connection to drop constantly, especially no. 11, which is normally the default.

Huh?

blue_wkd said:
Televators said:

Huh?

Christ, I dunno how to explain it Alison. I go onto http://192.168.1.1 and there are all sorts of settings you can change, one of them being the channel number.

I'm sure one of our resident technical bods could elaborate for you.

netgear stuff usually defaults to channel 6. sky routers have usually been buggered about with by sky and to get into the settings you need a password, which those brainiacs at sky have sneakily set as "sky" admin is still the username. 192.168.0.1

Well I have absolutely no idea what either of you are talking about, so I think i'll just buy one of them usb things.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.