Without Your Tinted Lenses on

After watching Wolves beat Liverpool, united, Chelsea and ourselves, I am convinced they should be in the champions league.

Anyone moaning about our performance today, you'd be happy if Dzeko's header had gone in and we won a plucky 1-0 away European tie. We win - we played brilliant. We lose or draw - we played wank.

YaYa's Left Peg said:
Spurs go and beat 7 times CL/European Cup winners; we grab goalless draw against a mid table Greek team.

I think tonight convinced me that we are no where near top 4 material.

By the way, congratulations Spurs. A magnificent display.

bolloks.

this was a true magnificent display

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yU47U7SbOs0[/youtube]

What's your beef guys - Spurs dominated the first half and should have been in front at HT. Second half, it was more even, but still they grabbed the goal and deserved the victory. Milan might be ageing but they have some great players still. Showing me another game as an example to disprove me doesn't really make any sense.

In our game we never really threatened bar some sporadic attempts against a team with limited attacking or defensive qualities.

The fact that I can recognise this doesn't make me the anti-Christ you know. In fact if anything I'm worried sick that our season is going to end up in the same disappointing way as it has done for the last 30+ years, albeit in a different way to normal.

Aris have 5 clean sheets out of their last 6 Europa League games, they set their stall and teams struggle to break them down. Especially at their place in a hostile atmosphere and on a slow, bobbly pitch. Lennon wouldn't have been able to make that run on Aris' pitch

All the pessimism really gets to me. We don't have a god given right to win every single game just because we've spent some money

Dax777 said:
Who has the deepest team in the Premiership?

After watching Milan tonite, I think I am going with Tothenham:

Here are my relevant areas

Offense: 4
Wide Mid: 2
Offensive Mid: 1
Defensive Mid: 2
Fullback: 4
Centerback: 1
Goalie: 7
Overall: 1

Whats your take?

1. It's the Premier League
2. It's tonight
3. It's Tottenham
4. It's attack
5. It's centre

Mancio said:
YaYa's Left Peg said:
Spurs go and beat 7 times CL/European Cup winners; we grab goalless draw against a mid table Greek team.

I think tonight convinced me that we are no where near top 4 material.

By the way, congratulations Spurs. A magnificent display.

bolloks.

this was a true magnificent display

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yU47U7SbOs0[/youtube]

Not as good as when they beat Inter 4-1 there or when they beat Real in the Bernebau.

Dax777 said:
Who has the deepest team in the Premiership?

After watching Milan tonite, I think I am going with Tothenham:

Here are my relevant areas

Offense: 4
Wide Mid: 2
Offensive Mid: 1
Defensive Mid: 2
Fullback: 4
Centerback: 1
Goalie: 7
Overall: 1

Whats your take?

This post has finished me off!

Skashion said:
I don't rate Bale as a quarterback myself, I think he's a better linebacker.

Commentator in our game in 2nd half actually mentioned that Barry was playing at quarterback, this was when he kept playing all those long crossfield passes at or behind SWP (Who was obviously wide receiver)... Or is my hearing going?

YaYa's Left Peg said:
What's your beef guys - Spurs dominated the first half and should have been in front at HT. Second half, it was more even, but still they grabbed the goal and deserved the victory. Milan might be ageing but they have some great players still. Showing me another game as an example to disprove me doesn't really make any sense.

In our game we never really threatened bar some sporadic attempts against a team with limited attacking or defensive qualities.

The fact that I can recognise this doesn't make me the anti-Christ you know. In fact if anything I'm worried sick that our season is going to end up in the same disappointing way as it has done for the last 30+ years, albeit in a different way to normal.

Whilst I share some of your concerns, using these two games as some sort of barometer for our two teams is disingenuous at best.

We played a team who put ten behind the ball, Spurs didn't - there was space for them to play in their game, whilst there was fook all in ours.

Comparing the two is fairly pointless, and the fact that they found a way through a much less defensive formation is hardly cause for surprise. Aris respected us far more than Milan respected Spurs, and Milan were punished.

gomez did two miracles on two header in the second half. what hart had to do in our game ?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.