Woke Up With Loss of Hearing in 1 Ear.. help?

Malty

I'm worried as this morning I've woken up with a loss of hearing in my left ear.. maybe I've slept on that side or something.

But is this anything I should be seriously worried about?

And is there anything I can do?

Help a fellow blue out guys..

This happened to me about 3mnths ago. But I still had maybe 10% hearing left. Got some otex eardrops, put them in, was then totally deaf. Took about 4 days of putting drops in then it started to clear up, back to normal about a week later. It was a build up of wax deep in the ear. Not saying this is what you've got

This happened to me about 3mnths ago. But I still had maybe 10% hearing left. Got some otex eardrops, put them in, was then totally deaf. Took about 4 days of putting drops in then it started to clear up, back to normal about a week later. It was a build up of wax deep in the ear. Not saying this is what you've got

I still have 10% hearing too.. but it looks like I ain't going to work for a few days !!

it feels like after you've gone swimming like it is clogged, so hopefully my hearing returns.. I suppose the fact I can still hear somethings is a good sign?

Thanks bud. It makes you really nervous you will be permanently deaf !!

Yeah, I still went to work with it, but it did get me down, became proper grumpy, people talking at me and I couldn't hear them. People at work suggested maybe it was water in the ear. But with me it was the wax build up. It was a miserable week. Felt dead isolated, in my own bubble, couldn't get involved in the banter, basically head down working for the week, no fun. But like I said, all better now

Yeah, I still went to work with it, but it did get me down, became proper grumpy, people talking at me and I couldn't hear them. People at work suggested maybe it was water in the ear. But with me it was the wax build up. It was a miserable week. Felt dead isolated, in my own bubble, couldn't get involved in the banter, basically head down working for the week, no fun. But like I said, all better now

I suppose it depends on the type of job you do. Mine is a carer so I need to hear people clearly..

Would it be worth seeing if it goes by itself?

Last year i made the mistake of putting cotton buds down my ear thinking id be doing the ear a favour ....... Ended up perforating my eardrum it bled something wicked :( oooooops took months to get better

Prob would get better untreated (maybe not) but I'm sure it would take a lot longer. Don't be digging in with cotton buds tho, could make it worse, compact the wax more etc or do some damage + you shouldn't put the drops in if you've used cotton buds. Get yourself down to a pharmacy and get the drops, the sooner the treatment starts, the sooner you will be better

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.