Wolfsburg V City 4th Aug

rickmcfc said:
BigJoesArmy said:
rickmcfc said:
Is Wolfsburg a place or not?

Sure is! Hope this is sorted I'll be driving over!

Cant fly to Wolfsburg just checked. Either gly to Hanover which is 25 miles to the West, or Berlin about 75 miles to the East.

Go Hanover then get the train to Wolfsburg. Cheap and easy!

Anyone go to the Dortmund friendly few years back? That was a good one!

rickmcfc said:
BigJoesArmy said:
rickmcfc said:
Is Wolfsburg a place or not?

Cant fly to Wolfsburg just checked. Either gly to Hanover which is 25 miles to the West, or Berlin about 75 miles to the East.

You could check Ryanairs exclusive Berlin airport it's probally situated near Wolsberg ;o)

BigJoesArmy said:
rickmcfc said:
BigJoesArmy said:

Cheapest flight i can find is Saturday-Sunday with Flybe - £138 return.

rickmcfc said:
BigJoesArmy said:
rickmcfc said:

It's about €25 for train so today's rate your looking at £22 train. Then match ticket and a cheap hostel. Your looking at £250 maybe including beer food etc?

prairiemoon said:
Confirmed? I hope it happens.

Yep details are here.

Manchester City will play VfL Wolfsburg in a pre-season friendly at the Volkswagen Arena on 4 August.

Further information, including kick-off time and ticketing information, will be confirmed in due course.

Champions of the Bundesliga 2008-9, Wolfsburg were reunited with their title winning manager Felix Magath last year following the dismissal of Steve McClaren.

The two clubs have a connection in Edin Dzeko who moved from Wolfsburg to City for a fee of £27 million on 3 January 2011.

The Bosnian remains the top league scorer in Wolfsburg’s history with 66 goals in 111 appearances.

http://www.mcfc.co.uk/News/Club-news/2012/July/Wolfsburg-Friendly

i wont be going cos i will be in the waldorf drinking myself stupid in memory of sam and sue

BigJoesArmy said:
rickmcfc said:
BigJoesArmy said:

It's about €25 for train so today's rate your looking at £22 train. Then match ticket and a cheap hostel. Your looking at £250 maybe including beer food etc?

The last two times I've been to Germany with City public transport was FREE if you have a valid match ticket. Was the case when we got the train from Weeze to Dusseldorf and that was an hour train journey!!

Pretty sure transport will be free here too - it's usually the case with all the football in Germany.

Impeccable said:
BigJoesArmy said:
rickmcfc said:

The last two times I've been to Germany with City public transport was FREE if you have a valid match ticket. Was the case when we got the train from Weeze to Dusseldorf and that was an hour train journey!!

Pretty sure transport will be free here too - it's usually the case with all the football in Germany.
munich wasnt free, but maybe it was because it was the champions league

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.