Wolves (A) | PL | Post-Match Thread

When you see what Arsenal are allowed to do on every corner, could you imagine if that had been disallowed? Quite frankly it’s a disgrace it even went to an on-field review.
It went to VAR because linesman flagged to disallow it.

Bernardo lightly jostles Sa but he's ONSIDE when he does it. When Stones heads it he's offside but by then he's no longer interfering with play. So VAR intervened to GIVE the goal which is why you see Kavanagh make the square screen signal (meaning a VAR-reversed decision) then point to the centre circle spot signalling a goal. Without VAR that would have been disallowed.

I've no issue with that being given - if you're disallowed goals for that then we (Arsenal) would never score at corners.

Sky can fuck right off with their 'controversial goal'.

Not a fucking murmur from them when Ederson was doubled up on against Arsenal.

The number of times I've seen goals like that get reviewed with unequivocal punditry along the lines of "not for me, the keeper has to be stronger there". Including that Gabriel goal.

Fucking nonsense. Sa was literally never getting there, Bernardo just stood his ground like players do on literally every single corner. It would be criminal to chalk a goal like that off.

After a last minute winner, why would your first thought be to criticise and go on a pseudo tactical rant?

Forget VAR, little football nerds are killing the game.
Pal, I'm delighted we got all three points, but had that winner not come, this thread would obviously be far different. And that's sport and why we all love it, but I'm just speaking honestly and looking/thinking long-term past that delight of the three points today.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.