Wolves (A) Post-Match Thread

If we need a defensive left back, Ake could sit there next to Laporte for those kind of games.
Yes I’m sure there will be games where Ake will be picked for that role. But I’m not necessarily talking about the games against the big clubs, any team can attack us down our left at any point, and we need to improve in defending those situations.

Think some were watching a different game to me...Mendy had an excellent 1st half (as did everyone) after being wrongly booked was always going to be targeted down that right hand side and tired late on as did some , suppose some blues always need a scapegoat
Must admit I didn't think he was too bad in the first half either.

Brilliant 1st half, poor 2nd half. I'm not too worried about that as long as we acknowledge we were lucky. It was obvious we were knackered from around 65th minute onwards - except for Fern who was brilliant throughout. Individually sadly the only one I would mention is Mendy once again. He is still on this evidence nowhere near the player we thought we'd bought. In his 'defence', such as it is, others in the team (Rodri in particular?) should have supported him better once Traore remembered what he was supposed to be doing in the 2nd half. Good win though against a clever team. Others will drop points against them.
You did notice that Mendy was booked for the most trivial of reasons? He had to be careful after that. Before the yellow, Traore hardly had a sniff.

The fact that most of them were fucked after the brilliant first half didn’t help, either.

A great first half, never allowed Wolves into the game. Yet again the second half we failed to come out all guns blazing. Thus allowing Wolves back into the game. It's a good job that they were poor at finishing otherwise we well could have lost this game.

What on earth is Pep telling them at half time, that their can be such a big difference between how we played the two halves of this game. One of two things are happening either Pep is telling them to take the foot of the gas, or they are just not listening to what Pep is saying. Which ever one it is Pep has got to get it sorted and fast. Otherwise we will end up losing even more games than last season.

What on earth is Pep telling them at half time, that their can be such a big difference between how we played the two halves of this game. One of two things are happening either Pep is telling them to take the foot of the gas, or they are just not listening to what Pep is saying. Which ever one it is Pep has got to get it sorted and fast. Otherwise we will end up losing even more games than last season.

I've decided to laugh at this rather than get angry.

Yes I’m sure there will be games where Ake will be picked for that role. But I’m not necessarily talking about the games against the big clubs, any team can attack us down our left at any point, and we need to improve in defending those situations.

Don't get me wrong, I'd be almost as happy signing a decent fullback, as signing Messi.

I beg to differ.
Mendy did not do well against Traore yesterday.
He looked terrified whenever Traore had the ball and lost any number of 50/50s against him.
Traore blows hot and cold but he just loves playing City as he knows our regular LBs have failed spectacularly to deal with him last season
Cancelo looked pretty comfortable at LB at the end of last season and if fit I would definitely like to see him there again
But that’s the point. Cancelo wasn’t available, so it's pointless going on about what he can do and using it as a stick to beat Mendy with.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.