Wolves (A) Post-Match Thread

Great result, mainly positives but there remains the worry of Mendy, defensively. Walker/Mendy compare and contrast. Ake looked solid.

Cancelo for Mendy please Pep

No more Cancelos, Gundogans, Zinchenkos, Garcias for me.

Find another Kyle Walker for left back & a couple of athletic mids.

I'm absolutely delighted with that anyhow.

A few days ago I was expecting Gundogans etc & a 3-1 defeat. Would have taken a point then.

Great selection by Pep, great win.

I was nervous pre-match, with our lack of preparation, covid and injuries, and would have snatched your hand off for a 3-1 win.

Ake looked comfortable, Stones has regained some confidence, great to see Fernandinho back in midfield, KDB seems to have carried on were he finished last season.

More players to come back and hopefully a couple of new signing before the close of the window and we'll be fine.

Only negative is Mendy, really not sure what he's offering us.

Overall good performance Kdb and foden link up excellent. Fern and rodri top drawer. Dodgy 10 minutes second half when mendy and stones had their moments.

Stones is very frustrating one mistake and he starts watching the game rather than reacting to it. First game away to wolves well pleased. Getting leggy against a very good side is to be expected.

Very good game of football.
Why what did he done wrong? I thought he was decent.

Pressing in the first half was back to 17/18 levels , we picked every second ball and created loads of dangerous situations

we visibly tired in the second half and it look more like 19/20 with no pressure on the ball which gave the wolves defence time to pick out the pass

brilliant win though that in one of the hardest games of the season

man of the match was Fernandinho, rolled back the years and controlled the midfield

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.