Wolves (A) | Post Match Thread

Pep’s late subs were Mahrez and Grealish which seems to indicate that his priority at that time was GD

One could say the same about bringing on Palmer instead of Mahrez. I’m not opposed to playing more of the youngsters and hope they get their chance, but I also appreciate that Guardiola will rely on the established core now even if it means playing them out of position.
Yep, i also felt that Palmer could have come on as well. Just specifically in this case, we are really, REALLY struggling in that spot and he is on the bench. He's done well for the second team, he's been training with the first team for a couple seasons, give him 10-15mins surely?

Yep, i also felt that Palmer could have come on as well. Just specifically in this case, we are really, REALLY struggling in that spot and he is on the bench. He's done well for the second team, he's been training with the first team for a couple seasons, give him 10-15mins surely?
It can cut both ways. Say, just for example, Mbete comes on and in the fifteen minutes he’s on makes two mistakes that cost goals. You now have an unnecessary game situation and an unnecessary confidence crisis in a young player. That’s a hypothetical, of course, but it’s the kind of thing the coaches have to weigh. I sense your frustration, feel the same, but I’ve resigned myself to how Guardiola operates in that regard. It’s like the need for a three goal cushion at the Etihad before he’ll contemplate bringing on a youngster. :-)

It can cut both ways. Say, just for example, Mbete comes on and in the fifteen minutes he’s on makes two mistakes that cost goals. You now have an unnecessary game situation and an unnecessary confidence crisis in a young player. That’s a hypothetical, of course, but it’s the kind of thing the coaches have to weigh. I sense your frustration, feel the same, but I’ve resigned myself to how Guardiola operates in that regard. It’s like the need for a three goal cushion at the Etihad before he’ll contemplate bringing on a youngster. :-)
Yep, but surely that's the whole point of having them with the squad. If they aren't trusted, then send them out somewhere. But you're right, this is Pep's way and always has been. He admitted as much, that the kids are there just for the matchday experience but i personally think he should have exceptions to this; such as when you are having to play a DM in with a CB and they are both then injured in the game :D

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.