Wolves (A) | Post Match Thread

Sterling new contract extension is not yet signed, so this summer he will be put on market. I think City not give him improved wage. Good luck, try to play hard in difficult way for improved wage for 2 seasons. 300,000 is too little for his ability.

Three huge points under immense pressure with three key defenders missing. One world class player made the difference and in the end we should have doubled our goal tally. It's hard to be critical after a 5-1 away win at a tough ground to visit, but here goes.

We have to keep our heads and shape after scoring and just control the game for a while. For a period of time they were carving us open too easily but of course we had two key defenders missing. Keep our concentration. That's a couple of players really who commit ridiculous unnecessary fouls and the odd lazy pass, putting us in trouble. Finally the old Achilles heel, put our chances away. Three easy ones missed at least ( Even Kev proving he's human) and other opportunities to put a cross in for easy tap ins but greedy players shooting from ridiculous angles. I hope it doesn't come back to haunt us because if Liverpool need seven, against that lot they'll score them.

Hey, we won 5-1 though and all that matters now is three points every game. A bit concerning with the Laporte and Ferndhino injuries going to West Ham who will be a different proposition. They will close our space down and break better than Wolves, fingers crossed we dig in and win it. If we do; doubt Liverpool catch us.

Who knows, Raz may keep his place and win the game for us. He does that too.

It shouldn’t be taboo to call out bad performances though, from whoever it is.

People called out Ederson for their goal when he couldn’t see the ball until it went through and deflected slightly off Zinchenko’s leg.
No problem calling out poor finishing from Raz. Tonight I thought at times he didn’t look look on the same page as our attack.
Against Newcastle he was great.
Could be like that again in either of the two remaining games.

Isn’t it human nature to be thrilled with a result and pick out the positives and potential negatives too?

Some posters have gone too far with his criticism, but he was poor tonight.
Absolutely, but the human nature balance seems to be way too negative and ignoring the positives.
Posters always go too far with Raheem though and that's what I find weird. I thought Foden was pretty anonymous and had less of a positive effect on the game than Sterling but he isn't getting ripped to shreds from page 1 onwards. Like all groups of supporters we've got this element though going back decades, Edghill was the first I remember so this isn't a new phenomenon. I just find it weird that this is what a small group of our followers concentrates on after a game like that. It's like they don't enjoy the game, just the negative over the top criticism of some players. As I said, it's weird behaviour.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.