Wolves (A) | Post Match Thread

The most daft thing about the "where were you" song is that City haven't been shit for a very long time. We started getting good around the time of Keegan and Royle as managers and have never looked back so that's more than 20 years ago.

Well, that proves his point, to be fair. It shouldn't wind anyone up, because it's daft. Personally, it doesn't wind me up at all. It amuses me when opposition fans sing it. And it amuses me when we/I sing back, “Beating you, beating you, beating you when we were shit!” All just par for the course in the banter stakes.

The most daft thing about the "where were you" song is that City haven't been shit for a very long time. We started getting good around the time of Keegan and Royle as managers and have never looked back so that's more than 20 years ago.
Mate every Wolves fan knows this, City WERE there, but you have to try to wind up the opposition fans on the day whatever, it’s just our ammunition was what you could call ‘blanks.’

most Wolves fans are died in the wool like yours, but I think most Wolves fans like fans all over, have a soft spot for City. On our table of 18 in the pub before the game 16 wanted City to win the League. I think the other 2 were probably Jonny-come-lately-Wolves fans who were probably singing “Where were you when you were shit” not realising that it probably applies to them. But I bet this % is a fair representation of the British footballing world, in terms of praying City win the League.

Last edited:
Mate every Wolves fan knows this, City WERE there, but you have to try to wind up the opposition fans on the day whatever, it’s just our ammunition was what you could call ‘blanks.’

most Wolves fans are died in the wool like yours, but I think most Wolves fans like fans all over, have a soft spot for City. On our table of 18 in the pub before the game 16 wanted City to win the League. I think the other 2 were probably Jonny-come-lately-Wolves fans who were probably singing “Where were you when you were shit” not realising that it probably applies to them. But I bet this % is a fair representation of the British footballing world, in terms of praying City win the League.
Exactly - it’s just a bit of banter - shit banter but it’s still banter.

We sang it against Chelsea in 2004/2005 even tho we all know they’ve always had good numbers over the years.

Well, that proves his point, to be fair. It shouldn't wind anyone up, because it's daft. Personally, it doesn't wind me up at all. It amuses me when opposition fans sing it. And it amuses me when we/I sing back, “Beating you, beating you, beating you when we were shit!” All just par for the course in the banter stakes.
My favourite was when Everton fans sang: "You've got no history." Our reply was: "You've got not future." Never heard it since.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.