Wolves (A) - Sat 30th Sept, 15:00 | PL | Pre-Match Thread

Match Result Prediction

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Disagree totally. There is absolutely no consistency in how these cards are dished out. Klopp and Artera constantly harangue officials and leave their technical area without receiving bookings.

Basically, what you're saying is that he should have to sit there and second guess every action because PGMOL want to look like they're doing something.
Yeh but shouting at the 4th official is completely futile as he has no control over how the game is being refereed. Either Pep changes his behaviour or he’ll find himself regularly banned from the touchline which is no use to us

Disagree totally. There is absolutely no consistency in how these cards are dished out. Klopp and Artera constantly harangue officials and leave their technical area without receiving bookings.

Basically, what you're saying is that he should have to sit there and second guess every action because PGMOL want to look like they're doing something.
As Pep and many others have said, we are refereed differently. Pep knows this and has to learn to keep a lid on his emotions when he’s on the touchline or he’s going to keep on getting yellow cards (or worse). He should save his complaints for the post match press conference.

We beat Gary O’Neil’s Bournemouth teams 4-0 and 1-4 last season.

Be interesting to see if he plays the same open tactics against us today for Wolves.

No, he should no abuse the officials. After every yellow card he’s said he has no complaints and apologised. Also Klopp has received more than one toucline ban and a red card and Arteta is one of the reasons that the ban was changed from 4 to 3 cards.

Pep is a professional and receiving 3 yellow cards (and a ban after 7 domestic games) is incredibly unprofessional when we ignore our own biases.

No, he should no abuse the officials. After every yellow card he’s said he has no complaints and apologised. Also Klopp has received more than one toucline ban and a red card and Arteta is one of the reasons that the ban was changed from 4 to 3 cards.

Pep is a professional and receiving 3 yellow cards (and a ban after 7 domestic games) is incredibly unprofessional when we ignore our own biases.
I think there was more than a hint of sarcasm in those apologies. This is Pep we're talking about.

I saw him get booked against Forest with my own eyes - he didn't abuse the 4th official, merely complained, albeit excitedly, about a shit decision.

If that's the standard for a yellow, I'd love to know why other managers aren't getting them at the same rate. Or indeed, for more serious offences.

I'd also like to know why a manager only has to get 3 yellows for a touchline ban, whilst a player can get booked for dissent 5 times before the same applies.

I think most of us would rather miss a player than Pep for any one game.

Yeh but shouting at the 4th official is completely futile as he has no control over how the game is being refereed. Either Pep changes his behaviour or he’ll find himself regularly banned from the touchline which is no use to us
I think there is stuff we don't hear. I think the 4th official influences the ref, therefore try and influence the 4th official. Its old school stuff. I agree. It's a waste of time (for us) because the die is caste before the game (see the last 2 games at least.) But Pep needs to be there to influence tactics. Maybe it's a ' shot across their bows' that he will draw attention to the feckin ludicrous decisions.

He's setting a bad example
Yep. I wouldn’t mind if haranguing the 4th official actually did any good but it achieves nothing as someone else said. There will be 52,000 blues voicing their disapproval at home and 3,000 away each game, none of them will receive a yellow so he should let them do that and not think that being the 52,001st or 3,001st to do so will make any difference.

If he continued at this rate he’d miss 7 games in the PL this season (nearly 20% of games).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.